• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we’ll get Ash’s first loss that isn’t to Leon (though this will most likely be a 2v2). I feel like if Riolu wins this fight, he’ll start to seem a little overpowered for something that should still be a baby, especially due to his feats in JN030 where he beat an Electabuzz, both Ash and Go’s Farfetch’d, Go’s Beedrill, and presumably enough of Go’s Pokémon that it went from midday to night, almost all of them being one after another. Along with that, it’s a fully-evolved Pokémon Ash has never seen before and has no sense of it’s power.

If it is a 2v2, I hope he uses Galarian Farfetch’d as his other Pokémon. To mirror this, it’d be nice if her other Pokémon was Sirfetch’d, though I guess they’re really gonna focus on Grapploct.

Grapploct looks good, though! Even though the episode is in Kanto, thankfully it’s not Vermilion City and it’ll hopefully be different enough to stand out.

Last edited:
I wonder if Bea is actually the Gym Leader in the anime, it’s possible she has more time to travel to other regions like Kanto and battle there if Stow-On-Side’s Gym Leader in the anime is Allister.

I suppose it’s also possible they’ll merge the two gyms into one, or just give one of them an anime-exclusive location, though they’ve avoided them so far this series.

Last edited:
I'm not ready for Riolu's evolution yet, so I'm hoping he doesn't evolve here. I feel like we gotta have Riolu interact more and fight with Korrina's Lucario before that can even happen. They showed Riolu idolizing her Lucario and I hope follow up on that. Grapploct does look great here also.

I hope that Riolu gets an Octolock and taps out.

What can I say, I like submission moves in wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts

Bea be looking fierce in that screenshot. :bulbaLove:

She appears to be wearing her Gym uniform (will need a better shot to confirm) so it makes me wonder how they'll handle Allister. Though given the PWC setup they could possibly get away with not saying *who* is the Gym Leader of Stow-on-Side specifically and just having the both of them turn up as competitors in the PWC.

Bea be looking fierce in that screenshot. :bulbaLove:

She appears to be wearing her Gym uniform (will need a better shot to confirm) so it makes me wonder how they'll handle Allister. Though given the PWC setup they could possibly get away with not saying *who* is the Gym Leader of Stow-on-Side specifically and just having the both of them turn up as competitors in the PWC.
They could technically be a multi-Leader set up like Cilan and his brothers, where a competitor could choose to battle one or both like how Ash did against above mentioned Gym leaders.

Could easily be a case of Riolu being the Gengar and Pikachu taking two wins for himself.

Right.
I don't think Bea is a gym leader, because she appears so early, despite her attire, because the Alola gang kept the same attire, despite not being trial captains.
Maylene being next?
That was because Trial Captains were not part of the island challenge in the anime. I think Bea is a Gym Leader in the anime.

I wonder if Bea is actually the Gym Leader in the anime, it’s possible she has more time to travel to other regions like Kanto and battle there if Stow-On-Side’s Gym Leader in the anime is Allister.

I suppose it’s also possible they’ll merge the two gyms into one, or just give one of them an anime-exclusive location, though they’ve avoided them so far this series.
Based on the episode summery she is a gym leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom