• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least its not Vermillion again, so we got something new in Kanto this series. Set up for an Ash vs Sabrina PWC match eventually.
And now you reminded me of that Haunter... (I wasn’t fully on board with Ash getting fully evolved Pokémon so early, I wanted him to get Haunter and Dragonair, specially since I like those better than Gengar and Dragonite).

It seems that both will be challenging the dojo, disappointinly rushed battles probably in-coming
Maybe they just wanted to say that Gou will be there with Ash, not CHALLENGE the dojo with him?

They still have Allister to show off that city, it's great they're starting to do things outside of Vermillion City in Kanto episodes. Maybe Ash can visit Fuchsia in the near future and fight Janine!
That’s true, but I hoped Galar should get priority since we’ve already seen those regions once while we haven’t even seen most of Galar once. It has a limited time to shine since Kanto features in a lot of sagas in full glory, the other regions, not so much.

They still have Allister to show off that city, it's great they're starting to do things outside of Vermillion City in Kanto episodes. Maybe Ash can visit Fuchsia in the near future and fight Janine!
Sadly, with Ash getting his own Gengar and possibly G-Maxing it, I don't think that Allister is going to show up at all.

Saffron City, that promises to be exciting

No doubt Sabrina and her family will be forgotten about
Not necessarily. She probably won't come up in this episode, but Gym leader rematches are a thing now. I would pay money to watch Ash obliterate her Kadabra with his Gengar, it's been a long time coming.

It's a little annoying that this episode doesn't take place in Stow-On-Side, but getting to see a Kanto City besides Vermillion is still really exciting. I wonder what the setup will be. Maybe Ash was going to challenge the Dojo Master to a PWC battle, but after he's wiped out by Bea, Ash will challenge her instead. Perhaps Farfetch'd will evolve this episode, I know Ash hasn't really used it yet but it obviously had a ton of battle experience before its capture.

Not necessarily. She probably won't come up in this episode, but Gym leader rematches are a thing now. I would pay money to watch Ash obliterate her Kadabra with his Gengar, it's been a long time coming.

It's a little annoying that this episode doesn't take place in Stow-On-Side, but getting to see a Kanto City besides Vermillion is still really exciting. I wonder what the setup will be. Maybe Ash was going to challenge the Dojo Master to a PWC battle, but after he's wiped out by Bea, Ash will challenge her instead. Perhaps Farfetch'd will evolve this episode, I know Ash hasn't really used it yet but it obviously had a ton of battle experience before its capture.
Farfetch'd only needs to get 3 crits in one battle in order to evolve.

So Korrina gets an episode in Kalos but a Galar gym leader debuts in Kanto? Hopefully she'll hand Ash his first PWC defeat and they'll do a rematch in Galar.

Sadly, with Ash getting his own Gengar and possibly G-Maxing it, I don't think that Allister is going to show up at all.

He's a popular character, I think Allister will appear eventually but maybe with a different ghost type as his ace.

So Korrina gets an episode in Kalos but a Galar gym leader debuts in Kanto? Hopefully she'll hand Ash his first PWC defeat and they'll do a rematch in Galar.
Just an idle thought but it could be interesting if Ash loses because he was planning to use Gengar or Dragonite, but then Riolu cuts in again and loses this time, kickstarting some character development for him

Pretty sure I've said this already, but speaking as someone who actually loves Kanto, the amount of episodes that have taken place in Kanto so far has been beyond ridiculous. I mean, yeah, it's cool to see a gym leader outside of their own region, but did it really have to be Kanto...?

Pretty sure I've said this already, but speaking as someone who actually loves Kanto, the amount of episodes that have taken place in Kanto so far has been beyond ridiculous. I mean, yeah, it's cool to see a gym leader outside of their own region, but did it really have to be Kanto...?
Yea. Like image how cool it could’ve been if it was set in Veilstone City. It would be amazing seeing Maylene and Bea going at it in a battle.

I’ve been fairly tolerant of all of the Kanto episodes so far but I am getting so tired of it. Kanto is cool and all and it looks beautiful in this series but they almost never even go to different places in Kanto, it’s almost always just Vermilion City.

They’re going to have to really start leaning into the different regions more. We’ve had 20 Kanto episodes (including the ones from of the new summaries that will be set in Kanto), 2 Johto episodes (counting Celebi), 2 Hoenn episodes, 2 Sinnoh episodes, 1 Unova episode, 1 Kalos episode, 0 Alola episodes, and 6 Galar episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom