• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time we saw reserves return en masse for battling was the Sinnoh league, but I can't recall if it was advertised ahead of time or not.
Based off precedent if they're coming back I wouldn't expect it to happen before the last year or so.

Either way, I feel bad for Gengar and Dragonite.
As soon as Riolu was confirmed I knew in my heart of hearts what was going to happen. I'm hoping if they frontload everything now they might let the others get more attention later but the opening showing Lucario out facing Eternatus while the non-Pikachu ones are all missing makes me think it'll be a Greninja/Infernape situation instead.

I think it’s going to be Riolu: it’s current style is rapid attacks, and Bea might see that Riolu wastes power into unneeded jabs/strikes. There was this gif of Riolu and Farfetch'd fighting somewhere on these forums these days that showcases this.
Could be Farfetch’d too. We’ve seen that it swings around too hard and tires itself out quickly, leaving itself open.

I hope Galarfetch’d gets that attention. It’s pretty clear that it won’t get much of it in the near future.

It is (from what I've read) a real-world martial arts concept--it's disadvantageous to use more energy than necessary for any action.

So it makes sense it would be brought up by a fighting-type leader.

I've heard that precision and effectiveness is a lot more Japanese culture than western culture. That might also be at play, even beyond just martial arts.

Everyone is upset about this taking place in Kanto, but I’m more worried about this taking place in a magical second fighting dojo in Saffron City and not the one that Ash has already been to...
That place was already behind the times with no students.

Tbh what is it with Ash vs female trainers this series? I mean all his major battles have been against female trainers. Not that I complain.

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Satoshi and Go are visiting the Fighting Dojo with the intent of challenging the Karate Master, but find the Fighting Type Gym Leader Saito and her Partner Pokémon Otosupus theref?!

Summary:
Satoshi and Go are visiting the Fighting Dojo in Yamabuki City to find a new opponent for the Pokémon World Championships. Satoshi attempts to challenge the Karate Master who runs the dojo, but he turns out to currently be in the middle of a battle against another challenger. And when the two go to watch this battle, they end up seeing the Karate Master lose! The challengers in question were the Fighting Type Gym Leader from the Galar region, Saito, and her partner Pokémon Otosupus, and Satoshi challenges her to a battle!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Shinichiro Miki: Galar Kamonegi
Kei Shindo: Riolu
Yoko Hikasa: Saito
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Karate Master
Ryota Iwasaki: Disciple
Tatsuki Kobe: Disciple
Noriaki Kanze: Disciple
Yuki Shin: Disciple
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Maxwell Powers: Drone Rotom
Kenyu Horichi: Narration

An episode about an octopus knocking a duck and a human baby-jackal thing unconsious and thus depressing their owner, while the owner of the octopus is just observing how pathetic and badly trained are the duck and the jackal thing.

Well, I don't think pokemon will ever sound interesting in paper
Also I'm 90% sure grapploct will KO both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom