• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bea using Hawlucha is pretty smart if she knew that Ash would use Farfetch’d and Riolu from the beginning, with Hawlucha being part flying-type and all.

I do hope Farfetch’d manages to pull in a win here, he needs one.
Since it's a fighting dojo I'm wondering if there might be a fighting-types only rule? Hawlucha would be a good choice for one.

I agree Farefetch'd should get a win. After Riolu beat him in 30 he needs something to avoid the rivalry (of sorts) from being one-sided.

Farfetch’d also only knows dark-type moves, so either he’ll pull out a new move or he’ll fight only with his dark-type moves against fighting-type Pokémon.

“I’m on a winning streak!”

Ash 10 minutes latter.

índice.jpg

Another episode I am looking forward to! The animation looks top-notch while Bea looks to be a tough customer.

And it will be Fighting Birb vs. Fighting Birb! Like others have expressed, seeing Bea's Hawlucha reminds me of Ash's (understandable as it was the only one we saw aside from that Shiny one in a COTD episode); I love the species and I am elated that Bea's will appear to be animated in a similar manner. Watching the preview took me back to Hawlucha vs. Heliolisk; I hope Ash has Farfetch'd make a lot of use of its leek during the battle. Riolu vs Grapploct looks to be interesting and difficult for the Emanation Pokemon. Given Ash's comment in the preview, and since we haven't seen a loss since Leon, I imagine Bea defeats him in this episode, which will lower Riolu's friendship level, leading to another focus episode about hogging battles. I don't mind such an outcome, since he just got his Farfetch'd (that he has barely used) and Riolu is still an inexperienced baby.

I thought of this yesterday but only now remember to post it, but is anyone else remembering Norman?
He defeated Ash early in AG, then was the fifth Gym leader like in the games rather than a rematch one or two episodes later like most Gym defeats.
Assuming the stadium scene in the intro means we're seeing a Galar gym league Bea will probably be similar; a strong opponent to be defeated some time in the future but not at the very end like Gary or Paul. Of course she's appeared much later than Norman did.

I don't mind such an outcome, since he just got his Farfetch'd (that he has barely used) and Riolu is still an inexperienced baby.
Yes, it's possible that if he was using Pikachu or Gengar/Dragonite he might win, but you need to grind up the newbies; that's RPG 101.

oooh that trailer... looking forward to this one a lot tbh. I really like how the artists make character outlines thicker during battle when the zoom is on them (1, 2), really makes battles look so much more dynamic and gets me pumped up to see them. (ノ・ェ・)ノ Glad Ash will be using his Farfetch'd here since I've really been wanting to see more of it (I love my fighting birb) even if type advantages aren't on his side. Poor Riolu though, I almost feel bad saying I am excited to see that battle! lol

Bea is one of those characters I didn't care much for originally but thanks to Twilight Wings and probably this episode, she's honestly growing to be someone I like much more.

Rather bold claim. What makes you think so?

...The artistic style changes. Built on a complaint about a lack of distinct locales (you could call them a anime only city if not for the names of Vermillion or Slateport it is said sometime shere)

Who remembers that really boring episode. Specially with May and Ash acting like Jackasses for noodles.

This episode is only infamous for being 4kids last episode.

This. Talk about bad timing...
I'd say something about it being awkward that 4Kids last episode was a bad filler...but everything about 4Kids was awkward anyway...

...The artistic style changes. Built on a complaint about a lack of distinct locales (you could call them a anime only city if not for the names of Vermillion or Slateport it is said sometime shere)
Art style =/= story.

Poor Riolu though, I almost feel bad saying I am excited to see that battle! lol
Me too. :p

I thought of this yesterday but only now remember to post it, but is anyone else remembering Norman?
He defeated Ash early in AG, then was the fifth Gym leader like in the games rather than a rematch one or two episodes later like most Gym defeats.
Assuming the stadium scene in the intro means we're seeing a Galar gym league Bea will probably be similar; a strong opponent to be defeated some time in the future but not at the very end like Gary or Paul. Of course she's appeared much later than Norman did.

Yes, it's possible that if he was using Pikachu or Gengar/Dragonite he might win, but you need to grind up the newbies; that's RPG 101.
Also, during the stadium scene Ash is wearing his normal outfit, not the Gym uniform, so it probably has nothing to due with the Galar Gyms.

Rather bold claim. What makes you think so?
I think it wasn't a completely serious comment, but many people have been complaining how many locations in Journeys, while familiar from earlier series and the games by name, many times do not feature any distinctive characteristics that they're known for either from the games or their previous anime appearances.
Art style =/= story.
True that.
Poor Riolu though, I almost feel bad saying I am excited to see that battle! lol
Me three!

PS. A nice surprise to see you on a preview thread, Max! Is it because of the focus on Riolu in this episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom