• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, during the stadium scene Ash is wearing his normal outfit, not the Gym uniform, so it probably has nothing to due with the Galar Gyms.
He is most probably battling in the gym to advance his PWT rank. Any difference between that and a gym battle is just a technicality in my opinion.

IwaneSpin_JN34.gif

IwaneSpinShort_MeowthRules.gif

Iwane going back to his roots, y'all

Personally, I don’t think Ash will lose. Since Bea is participating, I’d assume that her rank would be quite high, and enough to raise Ash’s reputation a considerable amount (not enough to get in the top 100), and Ash’s opponents from there on would be extremely tough, as those people would be constantly dipping between the best 100-150 trainers in the competition. Ash may perform poorly for his standards and barely get by, and realise he needs to train harder. Performing poorly doesn’t really mean he loses, it could just mean he doesn’t dominate as much as he used to.
Also the fact that the next episode after this says “Go watches Pikachu and Ash”. If Ash really went into a slump, I doubt he be acting in a way to inspire Go to have a Pikachu of his own.

If Ash really went into a slump, I doubt he be acting in a way to inspire Go to have a Pikachu of his own.
The timing of the next episodes does seem pretty odd, I’ll give you that. But I suppose it could be because the Pikachu episode revolves around some relaxing free time and he starts getting anxious about his battling when he gets back to business.

I hope Bea's high enough that losing to her drops Ash back down to Normal-rank

Otherwise his depression makes no sense, especially given Ash's support of Go's loss in Hoenn
What was Ash’s rank when he beat the Sinnoh Bug Queen? Was it somewhere from 750-840?
That would be pretty harsh to drop him so low after all the wins he’s managed.

I hope Bea's high enough that losing to her drops Ash back down to Normal-rank

Otherwise his depression makes no sense, especially given Ash's support of Go's loss in Hoenn
Wouldn't his rank be more affected if they were closer in rank? If Bea is high ranking and beats Ash, then his rank shouldn't go down too far, especially if the battle was close

Wouldn't his rank be more affected if they were closer in rank? If Bea is high ranking and beats Ash, then his rank shouldn't go down too far, especially if the battle was close

I believe that would be how it works. It would be an explanation for lower rank raising incidents against say, Tony in the runaway Pikachu episode for example.

(or that the ranking is so unstable at lower levels that Ash can go to asleep the 1200th trainer and wake up the 1300th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom