• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Norman count do, since it didn't appear as a Gym Leader, but rather as May father upon introduction.
Since if Norman counts, Clemont counts as well, so we got him out of order as well.

And Misty too since she appears before Brock.

Does Fantina count though?

Last edited:
Getting back to this episode, the big question is if this is going to be a battle or not. I actually have a feeling Ash either won't face her yet or might lose--there IS a tradition of that early Gym leader defeat, after all.

Getting back to this episode, the big question is if this is going to be a battle or not. I actually have a feeling Ash either won't face her yet or might lose--there IS a tradition of that early Gym leader defeat, after all.

Ash lost a bount with Leon, that serves as enough of a 'I must improve' drive.

If this is truly the start of the Galar Gym Badge Challenge and it's non-linear, the path I want Ash to take is:

1. Bea
2. Nessa
3. Allister
4. Milo
5. Melony
6. Opal
7. Gordie
8. Kabu
9. Piers
10. Raihan

I don't think this episode is set in Galar, since every time we went to Galar, it was a 2-parter (Episode 35 screams Kanto for me). There is a possibility the anime has chosen Allister over Bea for gym leader (Allister is more popular i believe), so Bea might travel around as well. Maybe she might even become Ash's main (Or secondary rival if we count Raihan as his main). Maybe she becomes Riolu's and Farfetch'd Kukui (As in, both fighting types evolve while fighting Bea).

I don't think this episode is set in Galar, since every time we went to Galar, it was a 2-parter (Episode 35 screams Kanto for me). There is a possibility the anime has chosen Allister over Bea for gym leader (Allister is more popular i believe), so Bea might travel around as well. Maybe she might even become Ash's main (Or secondary rival if we count Raihan as his main). Maybe she becomes Riolu's and Farfetch'd Kukui (As in, both fighting types evolve while fighting Bea).

(Having seen stuff of Japanese twitter)

No, she's still pretty pops there.

He might actually lose if they want to create a rivalry between Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd and It seems this is a one parter Galar Episode.

Watch it end up being some random CoTD with the same name.

The “solitary fighter” part makes it more likely to be Bea, though. I’m very interested. Could be the first non-two-parter in Galar, or the next episode after this is in Galar for some reason.

Even if she doesn’t fight Ash, it’s possible this is where he decides to start visiting the gyms to raise his rank. He can always just fly to every gym town whenever he wants.

Last edited:
If Bea does battle Ash, I'm hoping for a 2 v 2 battle, 3 v 3 would be nice but at the very least 2 v 2

Would like to see Bea use Sirfetch'd and Hitmontop though she'll probably use Machamp

Hmm... I just remembered that Bea was also the first (non-original) character to get a spotlight episode in Twilight Wings. Wonder if there's a correlation behind this, maybe she's more popular than I realised. :unsure:

Anyways, I can totally see a scenario where Bea's training in the mountains or something and Ash's Riolu sees her and gets fired up to challenge her dragging Ash into it. :ROFLMAO:

Episode 35 or even 34 can happen in Galar to be fair. Or this episode could happen in Kanto (Bleugh)

The title sounds like it's going to be more centered around Bea's character rather than around a battle, but who knows, titles have been specially misleading this series. Either way I expect some Farfetch'd training, maybe even its evolution.

I really hope we see my boy Hitmontop or at least Clobbopus/Grapploct over Kanto's Blue Man Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom