• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't though about it before, but damn Bea's legs are like treetrunks compared to her tiny arms. :whistle:

As a dancer, this speaks strongly to my soul; I'm all lower body strength. Bea out here representing us strong legged, twig armed individuals. :LOL:

I adore Ash, but I'm ready for him to lose a match. And it wouldn't surprise me if just this first loss messes with his head. He's been on a tear since this series started and hasn't lost a single match, and he's already uber competitive to begin with. Taking all of that into consideration, I won't be surprised if Bea not only defeats him, but does so pretty decidedly.

As a dancer, this speaks strongly to my soul; I'm all lower body strength. Bea out here representing us strong legged, twig armed individuals. :LOL:

I adore Ash, but I'm ready for him to lose a match. And it wouldn't surprise me if just this first loss messes with his head. He's been on a tear since this series started and hasn't lost a single match, and he's already uber competitive to begin with. Taking all of that into consideration, I won't be surprised if Bea not only defeats him, but does so pretty decidedly.

I don't think the loss itself will mess with his head, but him dropping to the lowest PWC rank again does (Since i expect that to happen as well).

I don't think the loss itself will mess with his head, but him dropping to the lowest PWC rank again does (Since i expect that to happen as well).

I just assumed if it was a really bad loss. Sort of in the same vein as when he lost that full battle to Paul pretty badly and went into a personal slump.

I wouldn't be surprised if dropping rank was part of it as well, however.

I just assumed if it was a really bad loss. Sort of in the same vein as when he lost that full battle to Paul pretty badly and went into a personal slump.

I wouldn't be surprised if dropping rank was part of it as well, however.
Episode 36's summary implies that Ash ends up losing many more matches besides his battle with Bea.

I wonder if Bea is this saga’s Drake.

Where Ash is all of the sudden cocky and the heavens crap out someone to kick him off the horse.

Just hope Galarfetch’d doesn’t go down as easily as in that sparring match with Riolu. Though it could be Ash’s wake up call that some of his mons are lagging behind while he focuses on Aura Scraggy (cough Gengar cough).

I wonder what growth Ash could receive. I mean he trains his pokemon and isnt that cocky

....I really hope this isn't one of those 'Ash out of nowhere gets an ego' episodes. Those suck, and tend to attract E4 members to tan his hise.

...Heck Bea is part of the championship round you have to fight in Sword, she might count as that....

DRAT

Everyone is upset about this taking place in Kanto, but I’m more worried about this taking place in a magical second fighting dojo in Saffron City and not the one that Ash has already been to...

Last edited:
I got the latest issue of Animedia yesterday but just got to open it today, and OMG Saitou's voiced by Hikasa Youko. I'd figured her voice'd fit for someone like Rurina more, but I was apparently wrong.

There's an interview as well, I might try to read it throughly later.

I've had little interest in Journeys outside of Koharu's Yamper until this episode. Lookin' forward to seeing Bea battle and maybe have Ash decide to pick up an actual Galar Pokemon rather than old fan favorites.

It's an 11 on 2 match.

Makes sense that he looses.

Ee4Sz3UUYAETgme.jpg

Fighting type is my least favourite type but this photo warms my hearth. (It only needs more Pancham)

He has all the members of his game team without Falinks and Sirfetch but I guess that Sawk and Troh could do the trick.

There is nothing for cocky Pokémon like Farfetch and Riolu than to be absoutely destroyed.

I will enjoy this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom