• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu

Reaction score
I'd be fine with it if Ash was given some focus in such episodes, but he’s usually on the back burner. But when Ash gets a focus episode Go does his own thing and has a notable side plot. I got it initially that they wanted us to know Go, but we already know him now.

I haven’t watched all the episodes but I've usually found that when Go has focus Ash takes on a sidekick role in the same plot, but when it’s Ash's turn to get focus Go goes (unintentional alliteration) away somewhere else. He’s also notably late when it came to spectating the Fake!Battle Fromtier Tournament and the Kalos tournament.

I wish Ash got similar side plots in such episodes too. He can do his own thing if Go can.
Well.. the difference is that Ash isn't Greedy, while Gou is. Gou is so greedy, that he doesn't even allow Ash to have focus in its own episode and also demands Screen time in Ash focus episodes (just a joke obviously)

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Well.. the difference is that Ash isn't Greedy, while Gou is. Gou is so greedy, that he doesn't even allow Ash to have focus in its own episode and also demands Screen time in Ash focus episodes (just a joke obviously)
Oddly enough Gurrkin fully seriously tells Go that he’s greedy but the "greed is good". I thought the moment might be for laughs but the tone wasn't that of a joke.

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
I dont know how to feel about Gou having a Pikachu or a Raichu

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I dont know how to feel about Gou having a Pikachu or a Raichu
It might be a background fodder Pokémon like the others. Go already has two Pokémon that need to be featured prominently (Raboot and Sobble), there isn’t really enough room for more mascot Pokémon with Go specially if they manage to stuff Grookey in somehow.

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
They tried 20 years to give a Pikaclone to a companion, instead of Pikachu. And now they give Gou a Pikachu?

Reaction score
So let me get this straight: out of 4 episodes 3 are about Go.

Ok...
It's WAY too much, especially as even in Ash focused episodes Goh gets to do things while in Goh episodes? Ash just stands around like a background character.
As bad as Iris was at least you could ignore her, Goh's the worst

Team Rocket says: Don't forget to put your mask
Reaction score
Well this is one of the main issues if you have only 2 main characters

I think Goh is starting to raise more and more opossition towards him.

And to be sincere I like it

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
For some reason, I can't see that tweet, what's the summary?
The tweet got deleted and I don’t remember word for word, but for this episode Go wants to catch a Pikachu and they visit an area with a lot of Pikachu.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Episode 33 (Trading)'s summary is that Ash and Go visit a Pokemon swap meet and some trainer was obsessed with trading Go's Pinsir (the initial translation said Go was obsessed with trading but they later said that it’s the other guy obsessed with Pinsir and deleted the summary translations, probably for amendment).

Bea episode is about Ash and Go challenging the saffron dojo but Bea defeats the trainers there before them.

Reaction score
The tweet got deleted and I don’t remember word for word, but for this episode Go wants to catch a Pikachu and they visit an area with a lot of Pikachu.
So maybe it was translated wrong or it was from an unreliable source.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I doubt it, else it would have been mentioned in the summary (Like with any other region we have visited so far).
There is a place in Alola called the Pikachu Valley (which only appears in USUM) that the anime completely skipped over during SM.