• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu

Reaction score
If it wasn't for JN032 we would have gotten another 7 episode Kanto streak...

I prefer Go focus over COTD focus to be honest.

Do the writers have an obsession with doing a Pikachu spam every two years now? This episode would feel more fresh if it was about Pikachu having a low chance of appearing.

Reaction score
Why do I have this hunch that the writers want to troll us and have the Pikachu Goh will catch(if he catches one that is) touch a thunderstone and evolve like 5 seconds after it gets out of its pokeball? I can totally see them making the Pikachu land on top of a thunderstone by accident just so they can have Goh catch a Pikachu and not have one for the rest of the series to not take the spotlight from Ash's.

Reaction score
Why do I have this hunch that the writers want to troll us and have the Pikachu Goh will catch(if he catches one that is) touch a thunderstone and evolve like 5 seconds after it gets out of its pokeball? I can totally see them making the Pikachu land on top of a thunderstone by accident just so they can have Goh catch a Pikachu and not have one for the rest of the series to not take the spotlight from Ash's.
Or how about Go feeds it a pancake and suddenly it evolves into Alolan Raichu. :ROFLMAO:

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Don't give them any more ridiculous ideas. They have enough already. Then again I also gave one so I'm not one to talk.
:wynaut: I’ll take any amount of ridiculous ideas if they involve having my boi Raichu on the main cast...

However Go’s potential Raichu seems doomed to be a background Pokemon.

Last edited:
Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
Even if Go’s potential Raichu doesn’t show up that often, I wouldn’t be surprised if ends up being one of his more used Pokémon just because of it being a Pikachu originally. It would be nice to have a Raichu be owned by a main companion and the interactions with Ash’s Pikachu would be interesting.

Reaction score
Even if Go’s potential Raichu doesn’t show up that often, I wouldn’t be surprised if ends up being one of his more used Pokémon just because of it being a Pikachu originally. It would be nice to have a Raichu be owned by a main companion and the interactions with Ash’s Pikachu would be interesting.
I'd love for it to be a friendly sort of Raichu rather than the dickish ones always on their high horses that we've had hammered down for years.

Last edited:
Pokémon Master in the making!
Reaction score
I'd love for it to be a friendly sort of Raichu rather than the dickish ones always on their high horses that we've had hammered down for years.
I do wonder what sort of personality they might give it. They might want to make it as different from Ash’s as possible and make it a little more aloof, or they’ll go down a crush route where it’s overly friendly to Pikachu and we’ll get some Buneary-esque story assuming Go’s will be a girl.

I do think that Go will eventually get his hands on some evolutionary items for his Pokémon that need them, especially since Prof. Sakuragi has a seemingly endless budget for housing and feeding everyone at his lab and most evolution-item Pokémon don’t need any sort of battling experience.