• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what sounds more appealing, Goh getting Pikachu or Team Rocket spending the episode trying to get Ash's Pikachu
The Team Rocket plot imo, their comedy has been very on point this series so that could have been a really fun episode.

First of all, I really hope this isn't the debut Alola episode. I don't get the feeling that it is, but that would just be a very unsatisfying return to that region if so. Maybe it will be Viridian Forest? I see many people getting upset about Ash getting sidelined in the upcoming episodes, but I think it's a little early for that. We don't even have full summaries yet, and even then Ash could have his own b-plot that isn't listed. It's really presumptions to assume that Ash will just cease to exist for these few episodes just because Gou takes center stage.

If Gou gets a Pikachu (I'm not sure I want him to), it better be female to differentiate/show off gender variation. Dang, if Ash still had his Thunder Stone he could have given it to Gou.

ezgif-2-64dc4c9f6eae.gif

Whomp, there it is.

First of all, I'll agree with everyone else who's said the amount of episodes Goh is getting in a row is kind of ridiculous. I don't know how many times I have to stress the co-protagonist thing doesn't really work when you're still giving primary focus to only one of them. I'm not against Goh getting focus episodes, but it gets annoying when they're back-to-back-to-back and he tends to get his own side plots in Ash-focused episodes whereas Ash is just a background decoration in Goh-focused episodes.

As for the episode itself, I know I'm contradicting myself since I just complained about Kanto spotlight for the Bea episode, but I would love to see the Pikachu forest from Pikachu's Goodbye reappear here. Chances are it's just going to be another completely made up area, but that'd be a nice callback if it happened. I do imagine Goh will end up catching a Pikachu, as strange as that's gonna be. I'm still hoping for a female Pikachu to differentiate it from Ash's. If we have two Pikachu who look exactly the same, well...that's just dumb.

There is a place in Alola called the Pikachu Valley (which only appears in USUM) that the anime completely skipped over during SM.

There was an entire episode dedicated to Pikachu Valley in SM. It was the super annoying one where everyone had to dress and talk like Pikachu. I would like to never see that again.

It’ll most likely be female or have some sort of clothing or hairstyle difference to tell them apart. I doubt his Pikachu will end up as part of the main cast, but it could have some interesting interactions with Ash’s Pikachu whenever it does show up.

Go will probably catch other stuff on his way, unless this is somewhere you can only find Pikachu.

Maybe they are giving Go a Female Pikachu cause like this Ash Pikachu will not feel alone and grumpy anymore... You know what I'm saying :sneaky:
Well, after Magnemite, Buneary, Togedamaru, Poipole, and that female Pikachu in the valley in SuMo I'm sure Pikachu can handle one more love interest.
...in retrospect Pikachu has more love interests than you would expect, and that's ignoring his long running romance.
ketchup.jpg

I really doubt we'd see Kanto's Pikachu's forest again. Since it belonged to a filler episode and was never given a name, so other than a reference I can't see any reason they'd bother to tell us it's the same place.

It'd be funny regardless how a place from an episode which wasn't supposed to exist (before the Pokemon shock I mean) would get to appear again though.

I have to update the chance of Rocketness: 100%

Reactions: Jez
Let me guess...The TRio's going to try to capture all those Pikachu...:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom