• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many children due to the anime:
1. Are afraid that evolving their Pikachu would make it sad.
2. Think that Raichu is slower than Pikachu.

Let them play Pokemon Yellow and they will see how strong Pikachu is.

Let them play Pokemon Yellow and they will see how strong Pikachu is.
Unlikely these days. They increased Pikachu's BST at the first opportunity they could as the starter Pokemon.

Every time they pull of the "Evolution but not really" for Pikachu I feel like personally going inside the world and either defeating Pikachu with my Raichu or ram a thunder stone on its head so we don’t get that clickbait ever again.

The only positive I can give this episode right now is that Go and Ash would probably share a 50:50 focus and it’s going to be full of Pikachu trying to achieve the superior form that is Raichu instead of running away from it.
If those Pika(Rai)Chu end up being bullies to Ash's Pikachu for rejecting Pikachu this might be the first ever episode I rate an absolute zero to,

So Gou is getting a female pikachu, possibly a raichu. I think it'll evolve in this episode with Gou's help to find the stone, or they could pull a snowy but instead actually evolve it later.
Ash is getting a side-plot in this episode so that's cool. And the "shining in the light of evolution" is weird, did a pikachu just throw a thunder stone at him, and now the gmax factor is stopping him from evolving? Almost definitly no....

There you go, after that one time Gou had a side plot in Ash versus Korrina, Ash will get a side plot while Gou tries to get a Pikachu.

I'm really happy we got confirmation that they actually meant it when they said Gou wants to catch every single Pokémon and so that would mean a Pikachu too. If Gou does catch one, I would be happy if it evolves into Raichu and I wonder if Gou will be getting the female Pikachu.

Last edited:
When your character has his spotlight stolen cause a Pokemon had seeds in his nose. (TR VS TP)

Maybe we can start talking about stealing screentime injustice.

Now I am starting to think that Ash and Goh will see a Pikachu evolve and then believe that this Pikachu is Ash's. It's gonna be a little underwhelming and if they go this way they are gonna make it too dramatic, but I can totally see this happening!

! okay this one sounds fun and I love the idea of Go getting a Pikachu and potentially evolving it later. Ash's Pikachu is absolutely never going to evolve no matter how much previews may try to make viewers believe, but the possibility of seeing Raichu in anyone's team at all would be great for me. The idea of Go having one and it maybe tagging along with him more frequently like Raboot does + building a bond/connection with Ash's Pikachu is adorable, and fits him more than I thought.

Thinking of DP088 now with that shy Raichu Ash was lent, and how cute it would be if Go's had a similar personality!

What if pikachu gets a new move like volt tackle, and then pikala gives him the z-crystal because this episode has to be set in Alola?

Volt Tackle was such an amazing move, shame it got deleted for Electroball who got replaced by Electroweb of all things.

Would love to see Pikachu using it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom