• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash side plot in a Goh episode...now we're talking!

And I see they're throwing some more bait at us too. Good thing the whole "Ash's Pikachu evolving" angle is totally unbelievable. I'm also willing to put money on the "they see a Pikachu evolving and mistakenly think it's Ash's" gimmick.

Volt Tackle was such an amazing move, shame it got deleted for Electroball who got replaced by Electroweb of all things.

Would love to see Pikachu using it again.
Volt Tackle was just a glorified Quick Attack meets Thunderbolt and could only be used in a limited ways, not to mention that added recoil damage.

Electroweb on the other hand has proven to be a far more effective utility move that can be used for a variety of purposes.

Ash side plot in a Goh episode...now we're talking!

And I see they're throwing some more bait at us too. Good thing the whole "Ash's Pikachu evolving" angle is totally unbelievable. I'm also willing to put money on the "they see a Pikachu evolving and mistakenly think it's Ash's" gimmick.

Wasn't Ash able to differentiate his Pikachu from the Ditto in JN019? Not sure if they could pull off the "Pikachu evolved gimmick" that way.

The writers are gonna do none of that and give Pikachu Zippy Zap instead /s

But seriously, since the anime has seemingly put forth the concept of switching movesets easily between battles via Leon's Charizard, they should let Ash's Pikachu relearn some old moves or even learn new moves for specific battles.

I'd like to see Pikachu with Double Team or Volt Tackle again, or even some out of the blue moves like Grass Knot or Substitute.

Volt Tackle was just a glorified Quick Attack meets Thunderbolt and could only be used in a limited ways, not to mention that added recoil damage.

Electroweb on the other hand has proven to be a far more effective utility move that can be used for a variety of purposes.

Volt Tackle in my opinion was a nice finishing move. Quick attack is a surprise move to cause chip damage and use as advantage.

Indeed that Electroweb is used somewhat creative and I would not agree with Pikachu forgeting it. And then we will probably enter again in the whole "Four move only" debate and I already know your opinion and you know mine.

Sorry for doubleposting but I will put Dephender Summary:

"As Go watches Satoshi and Pikachu, he suddenly realizes he wants to get a Pikachu of his own! Sakuragi, the head of the Sakuragi Laboratories, tells him that there's an outbreak of Pikachu at a certain location, so he decides to immediately head there. When he arrives, he meets lots of Pikachu, including a very obliging female one. The Pikachu are trying to dig "Thunderstones" out of the rock face and use their power to evolve into Raichu... and then Satoshi's Pikachu starts to emit the light of evolution as well...?!"

Oh no... He is going to be a daddy isnt'it?

I am very amused that we have a whole herd of Pikachu trying to evolve. ;)
I guess there was Sugar in DP, too, but she was off-screen.

I'm wondering what's going on with this one. A few thoughts:
*Some other Pikachu evolves and Ash thinks its his like Misty and Golduck. It would feel odd after he was able to tell Ditto wasn't his but not unprecedentedly odd.
*Pikachu starts evolving but Ash jams the "B" button on his Pokédex and stops it. Phew, that was close.
*The glow is something else entirely. Maybe Phenom is right and that's where eggs come from.
*Pikachu evolves and Devolution spray from the TCG appears.
*Pikachu evolves and it actually sticks; the walls between this world and Tír na nÓg break down and all is chaos.

Wouldn't it be nice if they went to Pikachu Valley and Pikala got to appear again? Of course that would dredge up a whole slew of other questions like why Ash went to Alola and didn't visit his classmates etc., but I liked Pikala even if her Pikanese was mildly irritating in the dub.

My guess is that Pikachu somehow touches a thunder stone but manages to resist evolution anyways. Either that or they’ll bring in the fact that Pokémon capable of Gigantamaxing that have further evolutions can’t evolve, but then they won’t ever be able to pull off a will-he-won’t-he Pikachu evolution scenario again (not like I want another one).

To me, there's a 0% chance of Ash's Pikachu evolving. If that were to ever happen (I doubt it ever will), it would happen at the end of the saga, not near the beginning or in the middle of it. That's just my opinion. I could end up being wrong here, but I really think that Ash's Pikachu will forever be a Pikachu, especially considering it has turned away evolution in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom