• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen these images on twitter, interesting shots regarding this episode

View: https://twitter.com/OakPropoganda/status/1296400446924312577

God he looks so mad
I feel sorry for that other Pikachu... he/she was just making a kind offer: thunderstones are costly, rare and these Pikachu are tirelessly finding them, and the instinct of this Pikachu is to give away this hard earned item to a total stranger? Only for said stranger to become suddenly aggressive.

I want to adopt that Pikachu and give it an entire collection of Thunder Stones:bulbaLove:
Writers, you'll have a LOT to hear from me if you make that one an a-hole or try to harass Pikachu into evolving and it won’t be pretty.

We were gonna get an evolution-stone-centric episode eventually (though I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another for Eevee down the line). I’m sure there will be some asshole Pikachu in the bunch but there will probably be some nice ones as well, like the one Goh is gonna catch. I’m guessing that choosing not to evolve is still a relatively rare and unusual opinion amongst Pokémon.

I’d like to see Pikachu’s refusal to evolve inspire other Pikachu that don’t want to evolve to stick up for themselves.

Maybe the Pokemon needs to willingly absorb the Stone's energy to evolve, and want to evolve in the first place?
Maybe. There was an instance in season 1 of Clefairy carrying Moon Stone pieces and not evolving. But that might've just been early installment weirdness and this stone is just covered.
Because we totally needed another episode to emphasize Pikachu's refusal to evolve. /s
Why not? The last episode where this was a central plot point was over ten years ago. It's good to reiterate it for the newer audience members.

Why not? The last episode where this was a central plot point was over ten years ago. It's good to reiterate it for the newer audience members.
It’s such a famous thing by now that most people probably know, not to mention the fact that the viewers are reminded of the episode where it happened in the Visquez episode. It’s just repetitive (and it’s annoying to have so many episodes where your favourite Pokemon is turned into an asshole just to validate the protagonist). We don’t need so many episodes to validate just a single choice. There have been Ash’s Pokemon they didn’t evolve with no explanations before so it isn’t even a major issue.

We were gonna get an evolution-stone-centric episode eventually (though I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another for Eevee down the line). I’m sure there will be some asshole Pikachu in the bunch but there will probably be some nice ones as well, like the one Goh is gonna catch. I’m guessing that choosing not to evolve is still a relatively rare and unusual opinion amongst Pokémon.

I’d like to see Pikachu’s refusal to evolve inspire other Pikachu that don’t want to evolve to stick up for themselves.
Even if this is the obligatory reminder for this season that Ash’s Pikachu doesn’t want to evolve, I’m sure that hopefully as far as Pikachu focused episodes are concerned it’ll be better compared to...

whatever that other thing was. (Yeah if you can’t tell, I’m starting to like THAT episode less due to the impact it’s having.)

I would like this episode to provide some Pikachu flashbacks and explain a little better why it refuses to evolve.
Maybe that his father Raichu came home after a few berries, and electrocuted the family, making pikachu mother run away. Pikachu left as well, and refuses to evolve, never wanting to even remotely resemble his dad.
Later, Go cathes a Raichu, and it's Pikachu's dad. He has been in berry rehab and has done fine so far, it hasn't visited Oranguru's in a while. It even has the 2 years clean pecha berry.
Pikachu does not forgive him, making Ash lose some battles, because hate is not good. This lasts even in the flygon episode, where pikachu sees raichu everywhere and tries to zap a flygon, making it attack Ash and Go.
Raichu and Pikachu's tale will never have a happy ending.
But well, seel la vie

Maybe that his father Raichu came home after a few berries, and electrocuted the family, making pikachu mother run away. Pikachu left as well, and refuses to evolve, never wanting to even remotely resemble his dad.
Later, Go cathes a Raichu, and it's Pikachu's dad. He has been in berry rehab and has done fine so far, it hasn't visited Oranguru's in a while. It even has the 2 years clean pecha berry.
Dude... I don't even... I give up.

:lapras: :confused:

It’s such a famous thing by now that most people probably know, not to mention the fact that the viewers are reminded of the episode where it happened in the Visquez episode. It’s just repetitive (and it’s annoying to have so many episodes where your favourite Pokemon is turned into an asshole just to validate the protagonist). We don’t need so many episodes to validate just a single choice. There have been Ash’s Pokemon they didn’t evolve with no explanations before so it isn’t even a major issue.

My younger cousin had no idea and has asked me when Pikachu would evolve. She was very surprised when I told her Pikachu didn't want to evolve in the past and that Meowth also isn't all that keen of his evolved form.

The younger generation don't know this information (yet). They have to learn. You can't expect them knowing everything from the older series that aired before they were born. Especially if the local networks don't air the older episodes anymore. Or only rarely.

This question was before the Visquez episode though, which didn't air in my country I think. So I don't know if she would have learned it by her own by this episode.

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

There's a Pikachu Outbreak-chu!! Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu?! During a new investigation, Go attempts to get a Pikachu and ends up meeting a very obliging female one!

Summary:
As Go watches Satoshi and Pikachu, he suddenly realizes he wants to get a Pikachu of his own! The laboratory head, Sakuragi, tells him about an outbreak of Pikachu, so he decides to immediately head there to investigate. A lot of Pikachu have been digging "Thunderstones" out of the rock face and used their power to evolve into Raichu... and then Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu as well thanks to a "Thunderstone" discovered by a very obliging female Pikachu?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Rikako Aikawa: Butterfree
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gangar
Risa Shimizu: Spear
Kei Shindo: Tamanta
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Trio and Gengar, huh?
Gengar is probably just going to be a short scene at the lab though.

and then Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu as well thanks to a "Thunderstone" discovered by a very obliging female Pikachu?!
doubt.jpg

I'm not surprised Team Rocket appearing, an outbreak of Pikachu is irresistible to them

Imagine if the Prize Master brings out a Raichu or Mimikyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom