• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pikachu evolves and then reverts back because of g-max?

This summary has gotten me more convinced that Ash will leave the series after Journeys is over and Gou will take over as the new lead.

I'm more interested in the Butterfree which is listed above Gengar. Could we see Butterfree in a flashback as a parallel to Ash's Pikachu and the Femchhu?

Last edited:
Is that even possible?

In SS, Gmax Pikachu/Eevee can't evolve. So I get why the writers might be exploring that concept.

Granted, it is a bit of a buzzkill since part of Pikachu's schtick is that it refuses to evolve. But now it may be a retcon that it never could evolve even if it wanted to lol.

I’m guessing it’s either a fake-out completely or Pikachu manages to resist stone-based evolution due to raw will-power/maybe they’ll actually bring in the G-Max as a reason to why Pikachu can’t evolve. I don’t think showing that Pikachu can’t evolve due to G-Max lessens Pikachu’s choice not to evolve since he made that choice assuming he could evolve and that still holds weight. Pikachu could always lose G-Max via the Max Soup if they actually wanted to get rid of it’s G-Max abilities.

They’re not gonna evolve Pikachu when they’ve already set up the G-Max Pikachu vs. G-Max Charizard rematch for the end of Journeys.

I’m guessing they’re putting a Gengar appearance in since he hasn’t had one in a while. It’ll probably be at the lab. Butterfree and Mantyke are also there, and they’re both poor choices to bring to a place filled with Electric-types, so I doubt Goh is bringing them.

and then Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu as well thanks to a "Thunderstone" discovered by a very obliging female Pikachu?!
Ooosh, check out that clickbait right up the wazoo. I'd be damned if that were to happen. As others have said it's either a copout or the whole G-Max schtick is involved as to why it can't evolve.

The female Pikachu should evolve, get caught by Go and have a rivalry with Pikachu. The opening suggests that this is unlikely, though. She could get caught and not stand out, I guess.

and then Satoshi's Pikachu finally evolves into a Raichu as well thanks to a "Thunderstone" discovered by a very obliging female Pikachu?!

1598113754322.png

This series is so weird with its constant need to try and pull stunts like this. But I guess it's better than when they tease stuff that could actually be believable and then doesn't happen.

Pikachu's not evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom