• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN036: Satoshi and Go, Crawl Up From the Sand Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out I was right about this episode being focused on the Trapinch line. This also somewhat confirms that Ash loses to Bea in Episode 34, and opens the possibility of Gou catching himself a Flygon.

So Ash will be going through another Snowbelle funk? I thought we were over these.

Regardless of who it goes to, we are getting an episode focused entirely on a Flygon, so I’m all for it.

Well unlikeGoh backround mons. Flygon is quite popular Pokémon.

Also Flygon for Ash... don't know....

I love how they reference to Flygon dex entries.

SwordThis Pokémon hides in the heart of sandstorms it creates and seldom appears where people can see it.
ShieldIt is nicknamed the Desert Spirit because the flapping of its wings sounds like a woman singing.

tbh, popularity doesn't impact which Pokemon Goh gets (Since if this was the case, they wouldn't let him capture Pokemon that evolve into popular ones like Sobble, Magikarp and Fletchling)

I wonder if Gou's "surprising strategy" is him beating something Ash can't ala Dawn and Buizel or just a way to break Ash out of his funk so he can beat Flygon.

So Ash will be going through another Snowbelle funk? I thought we were over these.
They redo plots pretty often. Meowth and Pikachu plus other protagonist Pokémon get separated from the humans and have to work together happened in just about every series, for instance.

No no it's not like that.

But since in the last episodes we had some confusing translations I wanted to wait for @Dogasu or Ashandserena to transalte it.

Nothing personal.

I get it, I'm just kidding with you. My translations are based on the Chinese translation of the original Japanese text anyways, so it would be better to wait for a direct translation

Ash and Go go to investigate to see if it is the work of an unknown Pokemon. Battling against fierce winds and sands, they entered a fight with the powerful Pokemon Flygon. As Ash is being toyed with by Flygon due to its speed, Gou takes on a surprising strategy.
The episode sounds like a really interesting watch but how did both of them get singing voices?

The episode sounds like a really interesting watch but how did both of them get singing voices?

According to the Poke Dex, Flygon’s wings sound like a women signing, so it attracts people like a siren from Greek mythology. Not that it attracts people with singing voices.

Okay, it's not the gmax Sandaconda I was hoping for but..

(y) Ash going through a slump, sorry my boy but it adds more enjoyment/depth when I see you struggle a little, haha
(y) Go doing things, looking forward to whatever strategy he has in mind (and seeing him do things altogether)
(y) Hoenn!
(y) Flygon!!

Think I'll be pretty happy with this one, but going to wait for more direct summaries.

Some people that are complaining that Ash is loosing.

1- Have you heard the saying : "We learn little by victory, much from defeat"?
2- If you create and invincible character where is the fun in that? Of course you have Saitama but that is a parody.

Ash is in a slump? I always love those episodes, my mind goes back to DP after he lost the full battle with Paul. I kind of wince at the thought of Gou one-upping Ash in a Pokemon battle, but it makes sense if Ash's judgement is impaired. Maybe Flygon will be the first powerful Pokemon that Gou legitimately earns.

I wonder what rank Bea is. If they're building her up as a major rival, maybe she will end up in the master class. Ash being in a slump here makes me question how he will behave in episode 35, will he be depressed that whole episode as well?

I kind of wince at the thought of Gou one-upping Ash in a Pokemon battle, but it makes sense if Ash's judgement is impaired.
I figured it was going to happen at some point; Dawn was able to catch Buizel in DP34 after Ash couldn't beat him with Pikachu, for instance, or Drew beating Tailow in a battle then May getting farther than him in the contest next episode. They can't just have Ash constantly upstaging his co-protagonists.

I wonder what rank Bea is. If they're building her up a major rival, maybe she will end up in the master class. Ash being in a slump here makes me question how he will behave in episode 35, will he be depressed that whole episode as well?
In the games the Galar Gym Leaders are roughly Elite Four tier when they're not sandbagging for the Gym challenge so possibly that will carry over to some extent and this is going to be used to set then up as serious opponents.

(y) Ash going through a slump, sorry my boy but it adds more enjoyment/depth when I see you struggle a little, haha

And he'll get over it as if nothing happened by the end of the episode like all his losses.

Which they'll do nothing with...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom