• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN036: Satoshi and Go, Crawl Up From the Sand Hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should tell that to the bulbapedia editors.

sand hell.PNG

How would you translate it?

Jigoku is literally "Ground Prison", so...

..."Sand Ground Prison"? *shrugs*

I'm worried about this stuff because I really do not like dealing with the Anti-Ash crazies you get sometimes. I do not need a month of 'Ash sucks' posted more frequently than usual...

This episode comes right after one where Gou attempts to catch a Pikachu. So assuming he did get one, I wouldn't be surprised if his "shocking strategy" is something wacky like dressing up as Ash and using his own Pikachu to battle Flygon only to mess it up and Ash be all like "that's not how you do it, it's supposed to be like this!" and that breaks him outta his funk.

:unsure:

I wonder if Goh's strategy will be to continuously throw pokeballs at Flygon until he catches it?
That wouldn't be a "shocking strategy".
This episode comes right after one where Gou attempts to catch a Pikachu. So assuming he did get one, I wouldn't be surprised if his "shocking strategy" is something wacky like dressing up as Ash and using his own Pikachu to battle Flygon only to mess it up and Ash be all like "that's not how you do it, it's supposed to be like this!" and that breaks him outta his funk.

:unsure:
Goh knows better than to use an Electric type against a Ground type.

After reading the summaries, I feel like episodes 26 and 29-32 were sort of an experimental era and 33-36 are back on track with what we saw on the first 20 episodes.

I don't trust summaries enough to fully believe the "Depressed Ash" thing, but if it's real then it looks very intriguing. It's a natural thing to happen after he won to a very strong Fighting-type gym leader only to lose the next one, and they could tie it to so many different things:
  • Riolu and Farfetch'd's evolutions.
  • The stuff we saw in JN030 or another Pikachu subplot (from JN035?).
  • An Alola vacation.
  • A companion returning!
So yeah, if such depression exists I really hope it doesn't end this episode.

I'm gonna put what our friend Dephender translated:

"Ever since his battle against Saito, Satoshi has been performing poorly in official battles. Meanwhile, a strange, massive sandstorm has started blowing in Kinsetsu City in the Houen Region. This sandstorm supposedly lures people inside it with a beautiful song. Satoshi and Go head there to investigate and find out if this is the work of a yet to be discovered Pokémon, and as they go up against the mystery of the sandstorm, they eventually end up battling the powerful Pokémon Flygon. But as the Flygon uses its speed to toy with Satoshi, Go tries a surprising tactic. "

Maybe he asks Sobble to cry, making the Flygon cry, thus making it easier to defeat and catch? Complete with the ass-pulled sunglasses from episode 28 making a return because why not? :wynaut:
I agree that the sunglasses/goggles were definitely an ass-pull when they first appeared in episode 28, but if they appear again in this episode (or any future episodes that involve Sobble crying), I think it'd be fine since Sobble has been with the duo for long enough that it'd be perfectly plausible for the boys to always have countermeasures on hand to deal with Sobble's crying.

If this Flygon is going to get caught, then it definitely looks like it will be Ash. The summary mentioning Ash has been performing poorly in official battles after his match against Bea and then fighting a Flygon who's speed makes it come off as a Pokémon who will do great in battles, plus it sounds Gou's surprising tactic is one that will help Ash out, while Ash is struggling against this Flygon.

I'm sure you have all notice by now, that all the Pokémon Ash has been obtaining in this series are ones who are battle ready: Ash currently has caught Pokémon who are fully evolved (Dragonite and Gengar) and two Pokémon who enjoy battling (Riolu and Galarian Farfetch'd).

Last edited:
If this Flygon is going to get caught, then it definitely looks like it will be Ash. The summary mentioning Ash being in a slump after his match against Bea and then fighting a Flygon who's speed makes it come off as a Pokémon who will do great in battles, plus it sounds Gou's surprising tactic is one that will help Ash out.

I'm sure you have all notice by now, that all the Pokémon Ash has been obtaining in this series are ones who are battle ready: Ash currently has caught Pokémon who are fully evolved (Dragonite and Gengar) and two Pokémon who enjoy battling (Riolu and Galarian Farfetch'd).

However, the thing is that Ash doesn't want a Pokemon if someone else has put more effort in defeating it (Unless Goh doesn't want it, which will be OOC) The summary leans more towards Goh getting it than Ash.

However, the thing is that Ash doesn't want a Pokemon if someone else has put more effort in defeating it (Unless Goh doesn't want it, which will be OOC) The summary leans more towards Goh getting it than Ash.
It depends on what is actually meant by the surprsing tactic Gou tries out. If it's from Gou battling Flygon himself, then it does seem more likely Gou will get Flygon, however if it's to help Ash out, then it's still possible for Ash to get Flygon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom