• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN037: I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually a really interesting plausibility. It's all coming together now.

I'm pretty sure most people will fall in love (metaphorically) with the kid and they can set up Ash's relation with his surrogate brother/sister right from this point on while continuing to develop it. This way, they can slowly ease the kid into a protagonist role without it ever feeling jarring... and Ash being his/her mentor, for a Boruto-esque continuation. I actually want Ash to spend more time with the baby and see his relation with his sibling, he has taken care of baby Pokemon several times, time for him to do the same with an actual human baby.

Now I'd love to see a hypothetical Red vs. Gold type of face off between an adult Pokemon Master Ash and his grown up sibling.

If they go this route they'd better have Jessie and James's kid as a best friend or rival.

That baby is adorable. I'm glad that they didn't have Burnet just pregnant forever. The idea of a woman being in a pregnancy limbo like that sounded so unsettling. Plus, it would be kind of weird for them to go that route when family is such a huge theme in Alola and SM in general. Not to mention Ash basically becoming a big brother to this baby just sounds so adorable. I'm also happy that this indeed does make time in this universe look even more confusing, especially when the chances are slim at best that they'll have Ash age even to eleven at this point. Honestly, the idea of Ash going through so many regions less than a year always sounded strange to me, even if a year in the Pokemon world takes longer than it does in ours. It never made any sense and I kind of love that they are just making it even more apparent with this baby. It is complete nonsense and I love it.

My only disappointment is that Burnet seemingly gave birth off-screen and it would have been cute if Ash had been there to be there for his Alolan family. Although, given that it seems like he'd be in Alola for one episode for the foreseeable future and they already have a lot to do with just reintroducing the cast and Ash's SM team, it was probably for the best that they didn't throw in a Burnet is about to deliver her baby plot.

Sun and Moon breaking the mould again, characters from Alola die, get married, make babies, give birth...

And to think people who haven’t watched Sun and Moon think it’s immature...

I'm also happy that this indeed does make time in this universe look even more confusing, especially when the chances are slim at best that they'll have Ash age even to eleven at this point. Honestly, the idea of Ash going through so many regions less than a year always sounded strange to me, even if a year in the Pokemon world takes longer than it does in ours. It never made any sense and I kind of love that they are just making it even more apparent with this baby. It is complete nonsense and I love it.
I imagine the world tournament is at least partly responsible. Realistically a tournament like this is every year and we saw the most recent, so unless they drop that plot and Ash doesn't enter the next one it would be utterly impossible (as opposed to just completely implausible) for him not to age during this series.

I'm still waiting on ten year old Max to show up with a Ralts.

Sun and Moon breaking the mould again, characters from Alola die, get married, make babies, give birth...
I don't think Sun and Moon get mold breaker credit for death since DP killed off Hunter J well before that and AG killed Aaron and his Lucario in a film.

They need to calm down with this episode! Also, can they stop spoiling great moments in Alola? The kid would be such a nice surprise.Maybe the prople behind the Anipoke twitter account and Oha Suta should learn what an Alolan Surprise really is ;)
I would like it if the kid's name is "Gao" as a reference to episode 125.

This episode will have a lot of greatness, but how long will every great moment last? With every extra bit of information I am afraid this episode will be rushed.

I like Journeys, but the episodic format can do a lot of harm for me if they continu with rushed episodes. For now I think Covid might have had an impact on some episodes (I think they wanted to show Go's battle with the karate master, but decided to skip that moment so they can put two episodes into one to get the plot going). I went a bit off topic here.

Back on topic, I am very excited for this episode because we see Ash's alola team, family and classmates again. These elements alone makes this episode already one to remember.

Last edited:
The Baby has spoken: All hail Peter Pan a la Ash!

But if so, does this mean Goh and Chloe are also Peter Pans as well, given they were supposedly the same age as Ash prior to him getting Pikachu? And wow did Go start his catchfest late, and how Chloe has been indecisive for this long.

...Then again, time and age has always been screwed up in this anime, so I guess I'll just get with the program stop thinking about it. :giggle:

If they go this route they'd better have Jessie and James's kid as a best friend or rival.
Said rival's partner Pokémon is a talking Rhyhorn.
The series never directly confirms anything but just lets the fandom mull over the implications.
...If this is a reference to something, I'm not getting it. At all.

The biggest question is

Are you a boy or a girl?

I thought it was a boy at first, but when I just looked again now I noticed the baby has relatively noticeable eyelashes, which made me think maybe it's a girl.

Then I remembered Goh also has pretty noticeable eyelashes, so at this point I have no idea :wynaut: He/she is definitely adorable, though!

I thought it was a boy at first, but when I just looked again now I noticed the baby has relatively noticeable eyelashes, which made me think maybe it's a girl.

Then I remembered Goh also has pretty noticeable eyelashes, so at this point I have no idea :wynaut: He/she is definitely adorable, though!

Spoiler alert: The baby is Goh, and the current Goh traveled back in time in order to go on an adventure with Ash just for funsies.

28553384.gif

Sad news: Everyone who wants to see Burnet pregnant will be so disappointed.
Journeys continues to push the envelope, wow.

So exactly how much time passed from Ash's match with Kukui to his start with Goh, and what was he doing during that period? And that means Lillie's family has been gone for nearly a year now too... I know Ash's travels throughout regions are blatantly clear indicators of the pssage of time given the days, nights, weeks, and months observed and all, but a developed baby? Who we last saw in his mother's womb? You just cannot refute that haha!

Kukui and Burnet are a daddy and mommy now; oh my goodness.

1599868825685.jpeg

Hear me out. A lot of merch with lucario and cinderace is coming out. The episode date switch in October 7th if i’m correct. Not sure the correct date. I bet after Ash fights bea riolu evolves. Then a few filler episodes will come and since the release day of when episodes got switched from sunday to friday we’ll have more arcs. So after the filler episodes we have the DD arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom