• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN037: I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out. A lot of merch with lucario and cinderace is coming out. The episode date switch in October 7th if i’m correct. Not sure the correct date. I bet after Ash fights bea riolu evolves. Then a few filler episodes will come and since the release day of when episodes got switched from sunday to friday we’ll have more arcs. So after the filler episodes we have the DD arc.
Not quite so soon, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Darkest Day is early next year based off Nihilego appearing around episode 50.

Not quite so soon, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Darkest Day is early next year based off Nihilego appearing around episode 50.
That could be true. I do think that if raboot doesn’t evolve when fighting kiawe. He’ll probably evolve after riolu does. Then DD arc happens which would make it be like 45-50ish episodes

This episode just keeps getting crazier huh?

Can't wait for Goh to find out Ash is the alolan champion and beat Tapu Koko

Aya Matsui did more than just write the finale - she was the head writer and visionary for the SM saga! It would be scandalous if she hadn't gotten this episode.

Sort of like the writer who did the most with May not being the one to write her DP episodes as it were, for an example

Sort of like the writer who did the most with May not being the one to write her DP episodes as it were, for an example
I was definitely not this clued up back in AG or at that point in DP, who was 'Haruka's writer'?

Honestly, I forgot that Sandy even exists. Despite the backlash towards Lana catching it instead of Ash, it really was pretty forgettable, which is a shame after all of the buildup to its capture. They just did virtually nothing with Sandy after its pretty solid capture episode. I can understand why people thought it would evolve off screen. It was designed to promote Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but now that those games aren't as relevant as they were during SM, maybe the idea of it becoming a Vaporeon wouldn't be a huge stretch. I didn't think that they would go that route anyway and personally, I'm not sure if evolving off-screen would have been that much better. I wasn't disappointed so much as just reminded that Lana does indeed have an Eevee.

Honestly, I forgot that Sandy even exists. Despite the backlash towards Lana catching it instead of Ash, it really was pretty forgettable, which is a shame after all of the buildup to its capture. They just did virtually nothing with Sandy after its pretty solid capture episode. I can understand why people thought it would evolve off screen. It was designed to promote Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, but now that those games aren't as relevant as they were during SM, maybe the idea of it becoming a Vaporeon wouldn't be a huge stretch. I didn't think that they would go that route anyway and personally, I'm not sure if evolving off-screen would have been that much better. I wasn't disappointed so much as just reminded that Lana does indeed have an Eevee.
And the thing is, did it really promote it though? Aside from that awful haircut with the games in mind, it took a backseat to Primarina as the series went on and barely had focus. The biggest potential selling point, in my opinion, would have been using any of Eevee's specific Let's Go Eevee moves, such as Bouncy Bubble, which they didn't animate for some reason. All we got was Double Edge...

A shame and a bigger shame Lana didn't make something out it by evolving it into a Vaporeon by now; maybe in a later Journeys episode centered around Eeveelutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom