• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN038: Miracle Restoration, the Fossil Pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about that. Then again SM's school was not like the traditional schools that Koharu (and Goh presumably) go to, and it was a backdrop for most of the series.
The school concept was rather poorly implemented/squandered outside of a small portion of episodes like the baseball one, the class presentation one and the play one.

A digging episode without
250px-Gible_Ash_head.png
Hey at least it's not a digging episode without
1600103059409.png

Frankly education in the Pokemon world is a massive bundle of confusions and madness since they had more 'normal' schools and Ash share a world, especially with the last two seasons making note of things like Kanto, Kalos, and the like.

EDIT: PReview clip is dead, anyone got a new one?

For me, since Aerodactyl is now off the table, I’d want him to get a Tyrunt.
If he gets a Tyrunt, that'll just be more Dragon type baggage. At this point, he might as well be a better Dragon Master than Iris could ever be.

Then again, his goal is to become a Pokemon Master so I guess that covers mastery over Dragon as well as Water types?

Last edited:
When Ash and Pikachu defeated Tapu Koko, he said something along the lines of it being Ash's final trial from the deity itself and that he's graduated.
He said it's Kokeko's final trial for Satoshi. Doesn't had anything to do with the school.

Still not related to school. Not to mention he was still going to school after that line.
20200916_202036.jpg
20200916_202115.jpg

"Final Exam" is a blatant reference to school. It really doesn't exist in any other context. It's also normal to attend another week of school after your final exams as a kind of wind-down period. Signing yearbooks and all that.

You're stretching the issue a bit too much. Just take it as Hala said it and leave it.

As a side note, the Melemele Pokemon School is vastly different in structure and education than the one Koharu and Goh go to, the latter is more of a mundane regular school.
Difference in cultures.

Last edited:
There is literally zero reason to believe that Satoshi is graduated from the school. Anyone who claim otherwise is making up stuff.

Still not related to school. Not to mention he was still going to school after that line.
Didn’t know that I never passed school when I visited it after my final exam... ‍

There is literally zero evidence that Satoshi is graduated from the school.
Except for one of the characters flat out saying that he gave his final exam?

The Alola school isn’t a normal school like the western education ones. I don’t know if other countries have equivalents, but India and a few other countries used to have informal and traditional schooling forms like this: where there was no standardised tests but more like a rite of passage after which you receive the blessings of the teacher and graduate. Look up Gurukul, the system has quite a few similarities to the Alola school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom