• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

Review JN038: Miracle Restoration, the Fossil Pokémon!

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Meh. Koharu was just there. Clearly a Gou focussed episode. I guess the TRio saved it for me. 6/10

Magmar the Great
Reaction score
Was a really enjoyable episode, was great to see Chloe get more screen time.

Found Pikachu's use of Electro Ball good with Graveler, immune to electricity but the bounce effect worked perfectly, was half expecting Pikachu to use it like he did against Silvally and Mightyena

Reaction score
Decent episode, restoring Aerodactyl from an Old Amber that Goh found near the excavation site and was able to tame it after battling with his Golurk. Despite is little bit overkill for doing it.

Overall rating: B+

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
An enjoyable episode with a couple of minor flaws, namely that Koharu didn't really do anything other than move another inch along the million kilometre road to her liking Pokémon enough to get one, but it was nice to see her even if the writer chose to waste her. At least he didn't give her a crush on Gou or some nonsense like that. The other flaw was subjective but rather large and that was mainly the the fossil dude's verbal ric of screaming, "ROMAAAAAN," every 30 seconds got incredibly obnoxious incredibly quickly and I will die a happy fan if we don't see him again. But even then he disappeared for most of the second half of the episode, which helped.

As for the good, Koharu being there, Team Rocket were good and the way they got blasted off was actually quite funny. Also nice to see Gou earn the Aerodactyl and not get a hundred first-ball catches of all the other fossil Pokémon, then again I'm assuming they weren't for catching anyway if they were museum exhibits.

Anyway an enjoyable episode that I'm willing to give an A-, the guy's ROMAAAAAN tic was enough to cost you the solid A. The lack of that along with better use of Koharu could have seen an A+.

ᦲᦲᒣ
Reaction score
It may not be the most pronounced thing in the episode, but Koharu's admiration for Go catching Aerodactyl and her comment at the end indicates her growing interest in raising Pokémon. That's pretty exciting to me.

Also, I forgot who, but someone had mentioned a while ago about seeing Raboot actually knocked out (I believe the context was via knockout from Turtonator, which we all know didn't occur)-well, this episode granted said wish haha.

Reaction score
What Rocket Prize Master that Team Rocket send is?
Useless unevolved Pokemon like Nidorino and Graveler

Curious cause this Pokemon evolved forms are Pokemon that Giovanni likes to use in the Games and in the anime.

However they were defeated by a Electroweb that should not work in a Graveler.

Last edited:
Master of the Shadows
Reaction score
Didn't watch this episode but judging by people's reaction to Goh's capture of Aerodactyl and Koharu getting some decent focus, I guess it was a good episode

I guess Jun'ichi didn't Fujisaku this episode up? :p
That pun...makes no sense. I mean, I get what you’re going for, but it...it doesn’t work.

Reaction score
Didn't watch this episode but judging by people's reaction to Goh's capture of Aerodactyl and Koharu getting some decent focus, I guess it was a good episode
Not bad , but... is boring.However the battle was nice but is kinda cheap using a big Golurk to catch Pokémon. Is like having a wildcard all the time.

Shiny hunter
Reaction score
I guess Jun'ichi didn't Fujisaku this episode up? :p
Aside from the repetition of the Hiker dude's verbal tic (we know he likes repetition from that disgustingly awful Slowking segment) he did a good job. It had traces of a Fujisaku episode, both good and bad but overall I'd put it in the good basket.

Don't think so, outside of his love for making Electroweb working on Ground-type Pokemon :sneaky:
I'm willing to let it slide here since Graveler didn't seem to take any damage from the web itself, only the effect of physics set up by its placement.

Reaction score
Some early thoughts regarding this episode:
  • I liked that the episode also touched on other non-Kanto fossils like Shieldon and Anorith. Small detail, but I like it.
  • More Golurk screentime was appreciated. Seeing it act like a gentle giant when it was trying to find fossils with Gou was nice, and I also somewhat enjoyed watching Golurk have its first proper battle ever since it was first caught (even if the battle as a whole was kinda uneventful).
  • Team Rocket, more specifically Jessie, was quite hilarious in this episode. Really liked how quickly it cut from Jessie saying "wait, this seems bad" to the sudden explosion, and the bit where Jessie just quietly says "hello" when Ash finds the trio was absolutely hilarious. The usual Gachat nonsense aside, I really liked how the trio were used in this episode.
  • I'm... not sure I'm completely ok with Electroweb working on Graveler, but eh, I'll let it slide.
  • The Koharu focus in this episode wasn't as prominent as I initially expected, but at least she's there. Seems like her character did develop a little bit by the end of the episode, so I'm not too disappointed by her lack of focus in this episode.
Overall, I think this was an above-average episode. Not much exciting stuff happened, but it was still kinda enjoyable to watch.

Reaction score
Just when are they going to take Koharu to the next step? She already said she admired Pokemon in some of her last Focused Episodes. Things are getting repetitive fast.