• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN039: Satoshi VS Saitou! Conquer the Octopus Hold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinksChow

Reaction score
Episode Title from Bilibili, Airdate 09/27, Actual Source Unknown.

Of course, episode title is still unconfirmed, so please take with a grain of salt.

Personal Thoughts: Seems a bit too soon for a rematch in my opinion; none of the previous episode titles hint that Riolu and Farfetchd had done any special training, so having the same matchup with Ash winning instead would be rushed development in my eyes.

Edit: Updated Source courtesy of AshandSerena on Twitter

Last edited:

Beatsy Ray

Reaction score
So soon? Well, I'm stoked anyway. I suppose the Alola gang managed to lift his spirits enough for him to want a rematch. Question is, will he use any of his Alola Pokemon? That would be awesome, but it would be more in character for him to want to use the two that were defeated last time. That said, it doesn't look like Riolu will be evolving before this episode, so if Ash actually wins with it that would be ultimate insult to Korrina, Riolu succeeding where Mega Lucario failed.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
I really hope they do not sour the moment with a rushed solution; I thought there would be evolutions and training from Riolu and Farfetech'd until their rematch.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
Is there a chance that G. Farfetch'd and/or Riolu evolve here? If you ask me, that would be way too quick if they evolve in this episode.

KenzeyEevee

Be kind and change the world!
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I am sure they will both evolve here

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Riolu's definitely evolving here.

Dunno about G. Farfetch'd

Beatsy Ray

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that this battle will probably take place in Galar and thus might feature Dynamaxing. Not sure how I feel about that but perhaps Dynamaxed Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd will be a thing.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, this rematch certainly came faster than anyone expected. We still don't know everything about the future episodes, so I'd say there's still a good chance for Riolu and/or Farfetch'd to evolve either before this or here, although I doubt both evolutions will happen in the same episode.

nickdt

Reaction score
Well, this rematch certainly came faster than anyone expected. We still don't know everything about the future episodes, so I'd say there's still a good chance for Riolu and/or Farfetch'd to evolve either before this or here, although I doubt both evolutions will happen in the same episode.

Riolu is more likely than Farfetch'd because of the opening.

Egakor

Reaction score
Well, the title says "Ash VS Bea!" and not anything related to Riolu or Farfetch'd so I hope he will use the other members of his current team and not those two since it's too soon for them to get strong enough to fight against Bea.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, the title says "Ash VS Bea!" and not anything related to Riolu or Farfetch'd so I hope he will use the other members of his current team and not those two since it's too soon for them to get strong enough to fight against Bea.
The title is obviously still incomplete. We'll have to wait and see. It would be more like Ash to use Farfetch'd and Riolu in this fight than his other Pokémon.

BigDocFan

Super Cute and Powerful
Reaction score
Was hoping for a rematch, certainly wasn't expecting it five episodes after the last

Really hope the animation dream team are responsible for this episode and we'll see more of Bea's Pokemon

Is it wrong of me to hope Ash loses once again given how quick this rematch is?

Cresselia92

Just Your Average Admin
Reaction score
To be fair, most of the times that there was a rematch was within two or so episodes after the loss. The only non-rival rematches that took longer than that were in DP with Fantina and Volkner, iirc.

Five episodes doesn’t sound too bad, especially if there will be some buildup and character development in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.