• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN039: Satoshi VS Saitou! Conquer the Octopus Hold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JinksChow

Reaction score
Episode Title from Bilibili, Airdate 09/27, Actual Source Unknown.

Of course, episode title is still unconfirmed, so please take with a grain of salt.

Personal Thoughts: Seems a bit too soon for a rematch in my opinion; none of the previous episode titles hint that Riolu and Farfetchd had done any special training, so having the same matchup with Ash winning instead would be rushed development in my eyes.

Edit: Updated Source courtesy of AshandSerena on Twitter

Last edited:
So soon? Well, I'm stoked anyway. I suppose the Alola gang managed to lift his spirits enough for him to want a rematch. Question is, will he use any of his Alola Pokemon? That would be awesome, but it would be more in character for him to want to use the two that were defeated last time. That said, it doesn't look like Riolu will be evolving before this episode, so if Ash actually wins with it that would be ultimate insult to Korrina, Riolu succeeding where Mega Lucario failed.

It just occurred to me that this battle will probably take place in Galar and thus might feature Dynamaxing. Not sure how I feel about that but perhaps Dynamaxed Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd will be a thing.

Well, this rematch certainly came faster than anyone expected. We still don't know everything about the future episodes, so I'd say there's still a good chance for Riolu and/or Farfetch'd to evolve either before this or here, although I doubt both evolutions will happen in the same episode.

Well, this rematch certainly came faster than anyone expected. We still don't know everything about the future episodes, so I'd say there's still a good chance for Riolu and/or Farfetch'd to evolve either before this or here, although I doubt both evolutions will happen in the same episode.

Riolu is more likely than Farfetch'd because of the opening.

Well, the title says "Ash VS Bea!" and not anything related to Riolu or Farfetch'd so I hope he will use the other members of his current team and not those two since it's too soon for them to get strong enough to fight against Bea.

Well, the title says "Ash VS Bea!" and not anything related to Riolu or Farfetch'd so I hope he will use the other members of his current team and not those two since it's too soon for them to get strong enough to fight against Bea.
The title is obviously still incomplete. We'll have to wait and see. It would be more like Ash to use Farfetch'd and Riolu in this fight than his other Pokémon.

To be fair, most of the times that there was a rematch was within two or so episodes after the loss. The only non-rival rematches that took longer than that were in DP with Fantina and Volkner, iirc.

Five episodes doesn’t sound too bad, especially if there will be some buildup and character development in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom