• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN039: Satoshi VS Saitou! Conquer the Octopus Hold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, this is looking really sick though that Piakchu usage (AGAIN?) instead of Galarfetch'd has me really concerned. Even worse since both it and Dragonite are credited in the VA section yet might only be early episode cameos.

And it seems like the Vacuum Wave will evolve into an Aura Sphere here (or some sort of Kamehameha?), I just hope this doesn't mean that an evolution will happen at least before Ash's victory. I'd rather they win on their own merits rather than pull a Cameron here.

This is reminding me of early XY where Ash spammed Pikachu in every Gym Battle.

At least Chuck and Ash definitely seem to know each other.

Not in all of them. But he did in Johto.

Let's make a bit of memory

Johto Gyms : All gym battles, however he only was the star against Whintey's Miltank

Hoenn: Gyms 1,3,4,5,6,7,8 Was the star in 3 (More or less), 7 with Swellow and 8 against Juan's Milotic

BF: Battle Pike, Battle Tower, Battle Piramid: He was the star in all of those against Milotic, Espeon and Regice.

Sinnoh: Gyms 1,4,5,8. He was not the star in any of those, specially with Chimchar arround.

Unova Gyms 1,3,4,6,8 He was the star in 3 against Leavanny, in 4 against Tynamo (Ugh...) and in 8 against the almighty Garbodor.

Kalos Gyms 1,2,3,5,8 He was the star in the first three gyms against Vivillon, Tyrunt and Megalucario.

Alola challenges: Against Hala and Hapu. He was the star in both.

PWT: Vs Raichu and Electrode, vs Meganium, Vs Heracross, vs Tauros he win it all.

I'm not against Pikachu participating in Gym battles, he seems to be one of those Pokémon that he can pull interesting strategies.

Let's make a bit of memory

Johto Gyms : All gym battles, however he only was the star against Whintey's Miltank

Hoenn: Gyms 1,3,4,5,6,7,8 Was the star in 3 (More or less), 7 with Swellow and 8 against Juan's Milotic

BF: Battle Pike, Battle Tower, Battle Piramid: He was the star in all of those against Milotic, Espeon and Regice.

Sinnoh: Gyms 1,4,5,8. He was not the star in any of those, specially with Chimchar arround.

Unova Gyms 1,3,4,6,8 He was the star in 3 against Leavanny, in 4 against Tynamo (Ugh...) and in 8 against the almighty Garbodor.

Kalos Gyms 1,2,3,5,8 He was the star in the first three gyms against Vivillon, Tyrunt and Megalucario.

Alola challenges: Against Hala and Hapu. He was the star in both.

PWT: Vs Raichu and Electrode, vs Meganium, Vs Heracross, vs Tauros he win it all.

I'm not against Pikachu participating in Gym battles, he seems to be one of those Pokémon that he can pull interesting strategies.

Pikachu also played a role in Ash's battle against Olympia (Kalos Gym 7); but since he didn't actually participate in the battle, I guess it only half-counts?

Pikachu also played a role in Ash's battle against Olympia (Kalos Gym 7); but since he didn't actually participate in the battle, I guess it only half-counts?

No cause he was not in the battle.

So he's using Pikachu...

I guess Ash decided farfetch'd was just too weak to fight Bea? He should've trained it or something, that sucks.

Hitmontop looks cool though, surprised to see Bea being more friendly here as well. Wasn't expecting the sweets thing to be brought up here.

So he's using Pikachu...

I guess Ash decided farfetch'd was just too weak to fight Bea? He should've trained it or something, that sucks.

Hitmontop looks cool though, surprised to see Bea being more friendly here as well. Wasn't expecting the sweets thing to be brought up here.
Well maybe if they cut down on the Go focused episodes, we could have some episodes where Ash’s neglected Pokémon get some focus and training.

Well maybe if they cut down on the Go focused episodes, we could have some episodes where Ash’s neglected Pokémon get some focus and training.

Could have easily had just one WCS battle since Ash's tentacle phobia came up...

The only hope for G.Farfetch’d is that it has an arc where it trains to prove itself to Ash, in response to being dropped, and Ash acknowledges this, helps it train and perfect its technique. Technique in the anime would mean landing more crits = evolution.

The only hope for G.Farfetch’d is that it has an arc where it trains to prove itself to Ash, in response to being dropped, and Ash acknowledges this, helps it train and perfect its technique. Technique in the anime would mean landing more crits = evolution.
I think you’re giving the writers too much credit by this point.

On the bright side, we’ll get more of Bea than a serious grump, so this should be more interesting.

I think you’re giving the writers too much credit by this point.

On the bright side, we’ll get more of Bea than a serious grump, so this should be more interesting.
Bro, I’m an optimistic person. I’ve had a lot of hopes and ideas deflated this season, but I know they can still create good episodes.

So Galarfetch'd is this series' Torkoal, it seems. Maybe he'll become good after evolving and turn out to be this series' Taillow instead.

I guess it's possible this is three on three but I would not count on it.

Also, is it me or should bear hugging an electric type with static be a really bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom