• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN039: Satoshi VS Saitou! Conquer the Octopus Hold!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You alone contributed to more than 10% of that. And nearly twice more than the next highest.
1a8914aa644f4de76b0f8bd7b787a43d.png
Cool!
...which in retrospect is fitting because apparently in Japan the number 4 is considered unlucky.

It was actually larger than the review thread.
Whoa. Well, preview threads usually tend to be longer, iirc. Yeah. We might have a good chance at making this one longer before Sunday.

Whoa. Well, preview threads usually tend to be longer, iirc. Yeah. We might have a good chance at making this one longer before Sunday.
JN007 had 551 replies and is the most when it comes to a main series episode's preview, but then again, there was a lot of hot (and somewhat tense) debating around the "surprise Pokemon" + Battle Frontier factors as well as the unrest over the bait-and-switch advertising back in early Journeys' days.

Compared to that, this period is relatively calmer and most of the attention has now been shifted slightly from this episode to the upcoming Sword and Shield arc.

This is kind of getting off topic. Can we maybe keep talking about the episode itself? Please?

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of disappointed to see Pikachu being used here. I would love to see G. Farfetch'd get another chance here (maybe it will, but based off the preview, I don't see it happening), but nope. Looks like an episode where Pikachu weakens Grapploct enough for Riolu to beat it. I can see why Pikachu will be used in this match, but still, I would've loved to see G. Farfecth'd battle against Bea again, to get a shot at redemption.

You know what would make up for Pikachu being used here? If Ash’s plan to get around Octolock involved using Pikachu’s Static Ability to paralyze it, allowing for Riolu to finish it off. THAT would be some clever thinking.
That's what I'm thinking might happen. If that happens, maybe Bea will find it a cheap way for Ash to win and will ask him to battle her again, but in her Galar gym in Stow-On-Side and it could be a battle where Dynamax or Gigantamax will be used. I'd be down for a best of 3 series.

You know what would make up for Pikachu being used here? If Ash’s plan to get around Octolock involved using Pikachu’s Static Ability to paralyze it, allowing for Riolu to finish it off. THAT would be some clever thinking.
That's what I'm thinking might happen. If that happens, maybe Bea will find it a cheap way for Ash to win and will ask him to battle her again, but in her Galar gym in Stow-On-Side and it could be a battle where Dynamax or Gigantamax will be used. I'd be down for a best of 3 series.
Grapploct's Ability is Limber, so I doubt that'll be the strategy.

Well, as Visquez’s Electrode proved, Hidden Abilities do exist in the anime outside of Zen Mode, so maybe Grapploct’s Ability will be Technician — or maybe Ash will TRY to have Grapploct be paralyzed by Static, only for Limber to be revealed and then he’ll have to think of a new strategy. Either way works for me, really.

or maybe Ash will TRY to have Grapploct be paralyzed by Static, only for Limber to be revealed and then he’ll have to think of a new strategy. Either way works for me, really.
That makes sense.

Edit to add: If this were to be the case, maybe it's why Pikachu gets knocked out?

I could see Ash trying Electroweb as his own version of Octolock.
Possibly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom