• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN040: VS Thunder! A Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait for tomorrow to reply you with a sad trombone.

Forewarned is forearmed...
I can’t believe i’m considering this but i say it’s a 50/50 chance. Because it’s goh and the writers favor him like crazy, but it’s also just ridiculous

I don’t think Goh will catch it (at least not now). If they did, Goh could just Dynamax Zapdos during the Darkest Day and considering Zacian and Zamazenta will already be present (along with Mewtwo being up in the air), bringing in Zapdos would be a little overkill.

You could argue that Goh simply left Zapdos at the Park because he’s only in Galar to talk to Prof. Magnolia and won’t be expecting the apocalypse but I doubt Goh wouldn’t bring his proudest achievement everywhere he goes. Either that or he just lets Zapdos roam Kanto, but then it’d be quite unreliable without some sort of caller.

I haven’t really entertained the thought that the TRio could get it but it is possible. They wouldn’t have the problem of Zapdos making things too easy for it’s owner because they would give it to Giovanni to gain his favor. Then Giovanni could go after Pokémon like Mewtwo if they want there to be a big Team Rocket event eventually. So it’s not impossible and would actually be an unexpected twist.

Last edited:
I don’t think Goh will catch it (at least not now). If they did, Goh could just Dynamax Zapdos during the Darkest Day and considering Zacian and Zamazenta will already be present (along with Mewtwo being up in the air), bringing in Zapdos would be a little overkill.

You could argue that Goh simply left Zapdos at the Park because he’s only in Galar to talk to Prof. Magnolia and won’t be expecting the apocalypse but I doubt Goh wouldn’t bring his proudest achievement everywhere he goes. Either that or he just lets Zapdos roam Kanto, but then it’d be quite unreliable without some sort of caller.

I haven’t really entertained the thought that the TRio could get it but it is possible. They wouldn’t have the problem of Zapdos making things too easy for it’s owner because they would give it to Giovanni to gain his favor. Then Giovanni could go after Pokémon like Mewtwo if they want there to be a big Team Rocket event eventually. So it’s not impossible and would actually be an unexpected twist.
I'm positive that Zapdos will just stay at the lab to act as a guardian along with Golurk. He probably won't use it for battle unless he is catching other Legendaries

The same point as his other catches. Collecting

Just a nitpick: I really hate the term "collecting" when it comes to Goh and his Pokemon. His goal is to catch all the different Pokemon, not to "collect" them.

I just re-watched the second movie the other day (which, ironically, features Zapdos) and the whole point of the villain arc is that him trying to "collect" Pokemon like they're objects is wrong. I know not everyone is Goh's biggest fan, but I would hardly consider his goal or his treatment of his Pokemon to be unethical.

The same point as his other catches. Collecting
It’s been stablished so far that catching a legendary is a great feat. Meltan is a null point because no battling was required so we can’t judge.

Here we have a legendary fully intent on fighting for its freedom. It’s attacking, it’s angry, it’s powerful. We can’t apply the “minor legend” argument because the Birds in M02 were capable of destroying an ecosystem as a byproduct of squabbling.

As it was consistently showcased, catching a legendary is a feat. For the writers to break this very set ideal that’s been stablished over twenty years ago, I believe there needs to be a purpose. Zapdos isn’t getting built up. It’s not appearing in DD. There’s no hints of it becoming relevant. And Goh isn’t a prodigy.

In other words, the only purpose this capture will serve is “why not lol”. And that’s the epitome of shitty writing.

I'm positive that Zapdos will just stay at the lab to act as a guardian along with Golurk. He probably won't use it for battle unless he is catching other Legendaries

Even as an avid Goh fan and defender, I don’t think he’s ready to capture something like Zapdos. I’m not completely against it in the long run if they could figure out a way for it to do something but not be overpowered, it could easily tie into whatever they have planned for the Crown Tundra, but for now, it wouldn’t really be realistic or necessary for him to capture it.

He definitely will try, but I don’t think it’ll happen in this episode for the reasons I stated in my earlier post. I would rather him fail and come back later down the line. According to the summary, Goh is only bringing Raboot, Sobble, and Flygon, while Ash is only using Pikachu. Team Rocket has Rhydon and Stunfisk, and even though one of them seemingly has Lightning Rod, I don’t think they can beat it. They’re only using 6 Pokémon total, and let’s be honest, it’s not like Sobble can do much to Zapdos, so it’s basically 5 Pokémon against 1 Zapdos. We do remember how a bunch of trainers tried to fight Lugia and all of them got defeated in one hit?

I wonder how the characters themselves would react if they were real and saw these preview and review threads.
46zjh8.png
Yeah, that seems accurate.

I don't really see Goh catching Zapdos tbh. This Series seems to have generated a lot of pages for the Episode Preview threads (in a bad way since they are all concerns).

CoroCoro Press Release about this, 20 Minutes before Episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom