• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN040: VS Thunder! A Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real time Go has bonded with a Pokemon outside of Raboot and Sobble was Cubone, and I haven’t seen that thing since it was caught...
I’m not going to act like Go is a complete novice, as his massive computer set-up at his parents home indicate, he spent a lot of time doing his own research, so he would know certain Pokemon’s weaknesses and strengths. Battling is obviously a different matter, but when he’s seen a skilled battler like Ash, you’re bound to pick up some tricks - look at Serena, she barely battled but still was good enough to help the squad out when it mattered.
So what if they didn’t show him beating the Karate Master, he still did it, just like Ash beating those other competitors in the Kalos PWC battle-fest.

Also, from the Pikachu leaving episode, Go does “help” Ash train (Riolu destroyed his Farfetch’d, hence the “help”), so he clearly has been working on his skills in time between, and that wasn’t even with his main two battlers.

Zapdos being captured in a raid battle is an improvement on what I expected so this is actually a relief.

A relief?¿?¿?¿ I need to know what were you thinking please,

I kind of like the idea of Goh going for a complete legendary bird trio collection.

If this happens is insult towards legendary Pokemon and into extent towards years of years of worldbuilding. Legendary Pokemon are not collectionable. Was not stated that catching legendary Pokemon for collective purpouses was bad an can generate a chain of events that can lead to the destruction of the world. Why the writters of this show forget so often that actions have consequences.

And don't tell me the excuse that in the games the protagonists can catch legendaries without any consequences. The games are another universe.

I knew Go would catch Zapdos. I knew it :). If Ash can get a mythical Go can catch a Legendary easilt

Melmettal is the saddest excuse for a legendary or "mythical" Pokemon alongside Phione. Dont come with me saying that he can catch a legendary easy when even Ash in XYZ could not face legendaries like Zapdos and Moltres. Another spit in the face of legendaries.

I'm kinda glad that my favourite Pokémon Suicune is featured in that Planetarium special. He is out of Go's reach atleast.

What's wrong with Go catching Zapdos? He isn't a newbie trainer anymore since he was strong enough to defeat a Dojo master.

Plus we've seen trainers with Legendary Pokemon like a random Nurse Joy before

Years of worldbuilding being thrown into the bin. That's what happens. Ah he defeated a Dojo master who is below Gym leaders who at the same time seem to be below legendaries, Nothing wrong I guess

I agree that the Nurse Joy with a Latios was random. But since it has no backstory... it's just random. Not unfair like this.
Like I said if Ash can catch a Mythical Go can catch a Legendary

After Zapdos I'm looking forward to Go catching Articuno and Moltres. After then he can focus on catching other Legendary trios like the beasts.

Why does not he catches Mewto and Lugia all living together the laboratory. Come on please let's try to make some sense here.

This is going to be a really shitty episode to start off the new timeslot.

This weeks leading to it are going to be worse.

About the duo... Team Rocket with silly gatcha mons? Not interested.
Team Rocket with Wobuffet and Pekko? Interested.
Lt Surge and Pisces? Good

And I will leave you something so you can remember the magic rule: Tell them Sammy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZlpsneDGBQ

I like the concept of Raid Battles, personally. The idea of people in an entire town or city gathering all together and going after a big, strong Pokémon sounds really fun and realistic in the Pokémon-universe aspect. The Raid Battle in JN002 where Goh checked his phone, getting all excited, and all people rushing for it was a nice atmosphere. I hope this Raid Battle has a cool build up to it.

Regardless of catching legendaries or not, I think Goh is passed “the basics of actually connecting to his Pokémon”. The only Pokémon he had issues with were Raboot and Sobble, and he reconciled with both of them. All of his other Pokémon are perfectly happy with their relationship with him.
All his other Pokémon a perfectly happy with their relationship because the writers can’t be bothered with actually developing them and instead give them all a cookie cutter relationship with Go. Given how he captures most of his Pokémon, it really feels unrealistic how they all instantly adore him and never give him any issues. Besides, as the anime has shown, connecting with your Pokémon is more than just that they like you. It’s also being able to draw out their true strength as their trainer. Go’s Pokemon receive so little development that none of them really ever get actual training resulting in them feeling spread thin when anyone that isn’t Raboot is used.

All his other Pokémon a perfectly happy with their relationship because the writers can’t be bothered with actually developing them and instead give them all a cookie cutter relationship with Go. Given how he captures most of his Pokémon, it really feels unrealistic how they all instantly adore him and never give him any issues. Besides, as the anime has shown, connecting with your Pokémon is more than just that they like you. It’s also being able to draw out their true strength as their trainer. Go’s Pokemon receive so little development that none of them really ever get actual training resulting in them feeling spread thin when anyone that isn’t Raboot is used.

I would be pretty happy with the person who let me live in a beautiful sanctuary, surrounded by tons of friends, where I get everything I need to survive, like food and water, and I don’t need to do anything in return. All of his Pokémon are living perfect lives where they have everything they could ever want. Almost all Pokémon are seemingly fine with new trainers and understand the relationship between trainer and Pokémon from birth. An example of this is Riolu wanting to be captured by Ash without ever having seen a Poké Ball before.

How many of Goh’s Pokémon have shown interest in battling competitively? Raboot, Beedrill, Scyther, Darmanitan, Farfetch’d, Heracross, and Flygon are the only ones that seem to want to battle and get stronger. All of his other Pokémon seemingly just want to chill out at Sakuragi Park all day and enjoy themselves, they don’t want to actively train and battle. “Bringing out their true strength” is only relevant if the Pokémon in question actually wants to be a battler.

I would be pretty happy with the person who let me live in a beautiful sanctuary, surrounded by tons of friends, where I get everything I need to survive, like food and water, and I don’t need to do anything in return. All of his Pokémon are living perfect lives where they have everything they could ever want. Almost all Pokémon are seemingly fine with new trainers and understand the relationship between trainer and Pokémon from birth. An example of this is Riolu wanting to be captured by Ash without ever having seen a Poké Ball before.

How many of Goh’s Pokémon have shown interest in battling competitively? Raboot, Beedrill, Scyther, Darmanitan, Farfetch’d, Heracross, and Flygon are the only ones that seem to want to battle and get stronger. All of his other Pokémon seemingly just want to chill out at Sakuragi Park all day and enjoy themselves, they don’t want to actively train and battle. “Bringing out their true strength” is only relevant if the Pokémon in question actually wants to be a battler.
I wouldn’t really call being taken out of your home environment and stuffed into an ever filling domed artificial sanctuary to be paradise. Go plans to capture every Pokémon and space is a finite thing given that it’s a closed echo system. Worse yet when you consider that these Pokémon come from vastly varying biomes. And that’s coming with the assumption that they weren’t already perfectly happy as was before.

And not everything of bringing out their strength has to do with battle. Coordinators bring out their strength in the form of Contests which are about more than battle. Showcase trainers bring out their Pokémon’s true strength in the form of their elegance. For an aspiring dragon master like Iris, part of their goal is bringing out their dragon partner’s true strength through helping them to grow and evolve. Different Pokémon have different tastes and with that, what their true strength is varies as well. Of course, since the writers can’t be bothered with Go’s Pokémon, the majority of them are basically cookie cutter as far as wanting nothing which is a waste of potential both for the Pokémon and for Go I’m a totaling care of them on an emotional level rather than just on surface level.

Heracross and Flygon had done nothing since his capture episode. So no, they have not shown any interest in battling. In fact the shown absolutely no interest in nothing.

I’m genuinely interested, why don’t you like raid battles?

I'm not a huge battle person to begin with (which yes, I get is like the entire point of Pokemon, lol) so I've got a very bad habit of zoning out during a lot of battles in the anime, unless I happen to find them particularly interesting. Raid battles for me are just super chaotic, which makes it even harder for me to actively pay attention to them.

TLDR: I don't dislike the concept of raid battles, I just personally don't really like watching them.

Bro if goh catches zapdos ash better catch fking ho oh. Alongside that zapdos should be handicapped with two broken wings so it can’t fly. Broken pokemon goes to broken character development

Heracross and Flygon had done nothing since his capture episode. So no, they have not shown any interest in battling. In fact the shown absolutely no interest in nothing.

Heracross participated in PWC battles under Koromi’s training so he obviously was interested enough to engage in training to prepare himself for those battles or else he wouldn’t have done them. We also saw Heracross in the middle of sparring with Darmanitan, so he’s clearly still engaged and training. Flygon was captured two episodes ago and had no place in the Alola episode to appear, but from what we’ve seen of him he’s an incredibly powerful Pokémon. He probably didn’t get all that EXP just by defending from attacking Pokémon, he most likely fought strong opponents in the past. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he does good damage against Zapdos, considering it resists most of it’s attacks.

I don't believe Gou will catch the Zapdos, it would create a power imbalance between his other Pokemon and with Ash. It's only episode 40, this kid is nowhere close to deserving a legendary Pokemon, and I really just can't imagine it happening. It would also be overkill for him to get Flygon, Aerodactyl, and Zapdos in such a quick succession. Not to mention, the 2021 calendar is suspiciously devoid of any Zapdos.

The "unexpected helpers" have me very intrigued, I'm expecting some kind of past character (even if it's just a past PM character), then again I thought similarly about Ash's "unexpected Pokemon choice" in episode 7. If it's a particularly powerful trainer (gym leader or champion) then I would be okay with them capturing Zapdos.

Predictions:
-Leon and Raihan (we see the 4 of them hanging out in the OP.)
-Alola Gang
-Lt. Surge (I'd definitely like him to get the Zapdos)
-Bede and Marnie (don't really expect them to appear this series, but would be cool)

It probably should be noted that all of the Pokémon Captures that were revealed in the OP ended up being Gou Captures (Flygon, Aerodactyl, Heracross, etc)
I think Zapdos will be the same.

I don't believe Gou will catch the Zapdos, it would create a power imbalance between his other Pokemon and with Ash. It's only episode 40, this kid is nowhere close to deserving a legendary Pokemon, and I really just can't imagine it happening. It would also be overkill for him to get Flygon, Aerodactyl, and Zapdos in such a quick succession. Not to mention, the 2021 calendar is suspiciously devoid of any Zapdos.

To be fair the fair the Calendar is devoid of a lot of Pokemon.

I don't see G. Farfetch'd anywhere on there

So it probably doesn't really mean much

Heracross participated in PWC battles under Koromi’s training so he obviously was interested enough to engage in training to prepare himself for those battles or else he wouldn’t have done them. We also saw Heracross in the middle of sparring with Darmanitan, so he’s clearly still engaged and training. Flygon was captured two episodes ago and had no place in the Alola episode to appear, but from what we’ve seen of him he’s an incredibly powerful Pokémon.

That's poor development then. Dragon types have been always been shown to be powerfull somewhat or have strong fighting senses. And I have missed the heracross moment. Guess that a 2 second appearence can be called development now.

It's this what Pokemon character and development has been reduced to? Background cameos?

I told all of you. Catching so many Pokémon it's not good for development. Specially when Raboot and Sobble are taking all the screen time.

Unlike any previous companion who they gave a goal that could be developed towards, Go has yet to experience any form of setback or failure.
Gou's definitely experienced some failures here and there (eg. failing to catch Gengar, Silicobra, Grubbin), though I do agree that he hasn't experienced any meaningful/impactful failures yet.
Honestly I'm expecting the help to just be the TRio.
I mean, Raids have four trainers? We have two protagonists+Jessie and James? I'd be amazed if it doesn't happen.
That's only for Max Raids in SWSH. Raids in Pokemon Go can involve up to 20 participants if I'm not mistaken. Both of the raid battles that we've seen in the anime so far also involve more than 4 trainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom