• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN040: VS Thunder! A Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured Team Rocket was gonna end up being the unexpected help, which I can't complain about. I love it when they're forced to work with Ash and any of his friends. I'm dreading this episode though, knowing the possibility of Goh catching Zapdos.

Idk how to feel about it. Maybe the Trio remembers it didnt work the last time they tried to do it.

So now that it looks like this episode is gonna take place at the power plant, any bets on which Pokémon there Go will be catching because we all know that one way or another, Go’s not leaving this episode empty handed.

Magnemite, Magneton, Voltorb and Electabuzz.
Adding onto this, I really do think that Goh will catch Zapdos. I just have this feeling that he'll get it in this episode and if that happens, I think I'll just sit back with some popcorn and watch as the internet becomes a giant salt factory (and I wouldn't blame anyone for being upset if Zapdos gets caught by Goh here).

Adding onto this, I really do think that Goh will catch Zapdos. I just have this feeling that he'll get it in this episode and if that happens, I think I'll just sit back with some popcorn and watch as the internet becomes a giant salt factory (and I wouldn't blame anyone for being upset if Zapdos gets caught by Goh here).
I still stand by my statement earlier in this thread that if they do give Go Zapdos here that he’s edging horribly close to being a Gary Stu especially this early in and after they literally just gave him a Flygon and Aerodactyl, 2 powerful Pokémon within the span of the last 4 episodes.

I still stand by my statement earlier in this thread that if they do give Go Zapdos here that he’s edging horribly close to being a Gary Stu especially this early in and after they literally just gave him a Flygon and Aerodactyl, 2 powerful Pokémon within the span of the last 4 episodes.
Pardon my ignorance here, but what does "Gary Stu" mean?

Pardon my ignorance here, but what does "Gary Stu" mean?
Gary Stu is the male version of a Mary Sue, which can be difficult to define because the term's meaning has shifted over time.
In general it's used nowadays to refer to a character who is unrealistically perfect or flawless for the setting they're in.

Gou won't get Zapdos, I have at least that much faith in the writers.

We don't even know who the writer for the episode is, but it's definitely not Fujisaku, Matsui or Tomioka since they all wrote recent episodes. If it's Yonemura or Omode then I might be able to relax a bit.

I dread to think it's either of the three new writers who were responsible for all the OOC Ash episodes.
I don't think the director would allow novice writers to make series-changing decisions like Gou catching a legendary Pokemon.

Can't believe there will be salt at Go catching Zapdos even though he no longer qualifies as a "beginner". Zapdos isn't even that strong in the anime

Can't believe there will be salt at Go catching Zapdos even though he no longer qualifies as a "beginner". Zapdos isn't even that strong in the anime
It probably has something to do with the fact that even if Goh has technically improved, he is still on his first ever journey and is MUCH less experienced than Ash, who had to go through seven regions and over twenty years to finally catch a Legendary/Mythical of his own, so it would feel pretty contrived for someone who is comparatively a novice to suddenly be granted a Legendary by the plot. I'm personally going to withhold judgement until the episode actually comes out, since the advertising has been sending very mixed messages, but I don't think it's fair to fault people for being annoyed at the idea of Goh catching a Legendary.

As someone who doesn't really give af about Zapdos (Articuno Squad baby!) I don't think Goh capturing it is a good idea either.

Flygon was one thing but a Legendary is a whole nother thing. (Even if this one happens to be on the weaker side among Gods)

Zapdos isn't a Pokémon that can just be dumped off to the Lab and call it day.

What's going to stop it from wreaking havoc among the Lab?

Even if Golurk beats it in battle, that's not going to stop the problem of Zapdos screwing up Power Energy

I know what some people might be thinking. They might be thinking something like "So it's okay for a young character in the games who's just starting their journey to catch legendaries and mythicals, but when Goh - a young character who's also starting their journey - does it, suddenly it's not okay?". While that is a fair argument, my counter to that would be this: in the games (besides the Let's Go games, minus the legendary encounters where you have to weaken them first), players typically have to weaken the Pokemon first before catching it. I say "typically" because this is assuming you're not using the best Pokeballs possible. Even catching low level early route bugs at full health with a regular Pokeball is not a guarantee. You'll probably have to weaken them first. Goh hasn't been weakening most of his captures. He usually gets lucky and only needs one throw to catch a Pokemon. He doesn't even use the good Pokeballs (like Ultra Balls for example) either. The kid uses regular Pokeballs for everything, even after the occasional battle, even against stuff like Flygon.

Goh has been way too lucky so far, all because he's basically a promotional tool for Pokemon Go. This has basically made him a writer's pet. If he catches something like Zapdos with just one Pokeball throw even after battling and weakening it, I would scream BS. Someone this new to catching Pokemon who is just starting to get into battling should not be given a legendary like Zapdos this early. With the playable characters in the games, we at least get to travel through most of a region before coming across legendary Pokemon like that. We'd typically have battling experience, battling knowledge, catching knowledge, proper items, and Pokemon that are ready to take on something like the legendary birds, so it would be more believable. Goh acquiring Zapdos in this episode, in my honest opinion, would be the worst thing to happen in Journeys if it were to happen. Hopefully the writers are smart enough to not let Goh catch Zapdos.

Judging by the preview i’m gonna say that goh isn’t going to catch zapdos. First of all the TRIO is in the episode working along side Ash and goh. When’s the last time their plan ever went good with the trio? This is just a filler episode but I can see two possible outcomes. Goh catches zapdos but then releases it for pokédex entry or zapdos leaves and goh catches the pokemon at the abandoned power plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom