• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN040: VS Thunder! A Legendary Raid Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

The Legendary Pokémon Thunder appears! Satoshi and Go immediately challenge it to a battle, but Thunder proves to be way too much for them... But then, someone appears! It's the Rocket Gang! Who will get Thunder?!

Summary:
It's a nice day, but as Satoshi and the others are enjoying some snowcones at the Sakuragi Laboratories, a huge thunderstorm suddenly draws close. And once they sense the presence of powerful biological energy, they realize it's possible the Legendary Pokémon Thunder might actually be nearby! And as the areas surrounding the Sakuragi Laboratories keep losing power, Go gets a sudden flash of insight. When they head to the place he thought of, they find Thunder there and immediately challenge it to a battle, but Thunder proves to be way too much for the duo. However, they decide to have a Raid Battle against it, working together with some "helpers" they truly didn't expect to be there!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Professor Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Risa Shimizu: Flygon
Sayaka Senbongi: Messon
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Well we know most likely goh will use flygon to battle. Why is ash using pikachu again? I think neither will catch it or it would’ve been a two parter because it’s kind of big business to catch a legendary. I honestly think this is a filler not a capture episode

Lol Team Rocket catching Zapdos? The bird will probably just blast them off after the trio attempts to betray Ash and Go

1. If Goh does wind up capturing Zapdos, that would genuinely seem unfair. I mean say what you want about Ash getting too much of the spotlight, but it just doesn’t seem fair that he only gets to see, battle if he’s lucky and, on occasion, form something of camaraderie with the Legendary Pokémon of each generation, but it’s only one of his companions that actually get lucky enough to actually capture one.

2. I don’t know why I’m even going to bring this up, but, this episode is set to air on the day after my birthday

Not sure if I'd even consider Goh to be a rookie at this point, but I agree on your belief that both Tobias and Ash have lots of experience...
Goh is a character only 40 episodes old by this point. I don't think that'd count as experienced quite yet.

Goh is a character only 40 episodes old by this point. I don't think that'd count as experienced quite yet.
Wasn’t dawn and like may at one or two ribbons right now? Dis dude goh already catching legendaries wow those two are rookies smh

That’s like saying Ash is experienced enough to get a legendary by the time he battled Koga...
Noting your post, I know that I said something like "Ash's experienced enough to get a Legendary or Mythical Pokemon" earlier in the thread, which I'd say has already been proven with the anime episode where Ash formally captured a Meltan that later evolved to become his Melmetal... (Not trying to be rude BTW.)

Noting your post, I know that I said something like "Ash's experienced enough to get a Legendary or Mythical Pokemon" earlier in the thread, which I'd say has already been proven with the anime episode where Ash formally captured a Meltan that later evolved to become his Melmetal... (Not trying to be rude BTW.)
I brought up the point of timing though. Gou is currently a rookie. If we translate his experience to Ash's: EP40 we arrive somewhere near Pikachu's goodbye. I’m sure Ash didn’t deserve a legendary by then. Hell he didn’t even have a charizard then, let alone handle it.

I brought up the point of timing though. Gou is currently a rookie. If we translate his experience to Ash's: EP40 we arrive somewhere near Pikachu's goodbye. I’m sure Ash didn’t deserve a legendary by then. Hell he didn’t even have a charizard then, let alone handle it.
Noting your point, I'd rather just end the discussion about whether Goh should catch a Zapdos here...

If Goh got Zapdos I think it probably would have been alluded to in the opening or something.
I think that scene where he holds a Pokéball that opens with a burst of electricity and reveals the Kanto bird trio is rather suggestive.
Plus those shots being followed by a Poké Ball falling down and rolling up to Goh's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom