• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN041: The Great Pikachu Dubbing Operation! / Half a Numacraw

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a Pokemon whisperer episode, episode 195 of the OS.

It was a piece of work. One of the worst episodes I have ever seen in any series.

Johto filler at its worse.
Really? I liked that episode (although that’s mainly because of Meowth, the little Butch and Cassidy cameo, and Takeshi Shudo writing it). At worst, I can think it’s kind of uneventful, boring depending on taste, kind of forgettable.

Episode looks fun, don't really mind this 2-in-1 format since it means less filler overall between episodes. I didn't mind the magikarp jump/slowking one, it was certainly more entertaining than your typical filler episode (like episode 20, except the PWC part). It's especially good given that TR gets more focus here, which has been criminally lacking this whole series (compared to SM). Given it's sandwiched between the Zapdos one and the DD arc, I'll take it. I'm ok if we see even more of this format in the future, as long as it's not overdone.

According to the picture the poor Meowth is sick

My thoughts on this episode was low enough as it is, Team Rocket dubbing Pikachu makes it sound so much worse

Half buried Marshtomp sounds more enjoyable, especially if Ash does catch it

Meowth as a teacher? Learning about Pokémon's speech patterns? Now that's really interesting. It's a shame that it likely won't shake up the status quo though.

By the way it's impossible that it will be better than the Marshtomp segment. :wynaut:

Oh here we go with the plausible Marshtomp capture...

Oh wait a minute.... WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO MEOWTH MY POOR BABY.

Even though the episode Ash caught G.Farfetch’d was technically half an episode dedicated to it, I doubt they would spend half an episode devoted to another capture for Ash. I mean, the episodes Dragonite and Gengar were captured weren’t really focused as being capture episodes either, at least in terms of what they’d usually do, and these capture episodes are some of the best in the anime (mainly due to the characters interacting and showing cool battling scenes with them). Ironically, Sawmpert is one of my favourite Pokemon, alongside Dragonite, but that seems to be way too good to be true.

Wouldn’t the logical thing to do be to just get it in a Poké Ball? Even if it doesn’t get captured, it would pop out and it would reform back on the ground.
Not necessarily. Remember what happened with Celesteela when the majority of it was buried causing capture to be impossible? It seems that if a Pokemon is trapped like that, a pokeball can't work on it.

Summary of the first segment of the episode from Dephender:
Musashi and Kojiro, who have thus far been relying on Nyarth's interpretations to understand what Satoshi and Pikachu talk about, decide to train themselves so they can understand it on their own. This airing will also include "Half Numacraw".
TR fans rejoice.
This sounds legendary. Some of the best TRio moments this series have been them just hanging out in the secret base, and now we're getting a whole episode (well, half an episode) of just that. Nasty Plot Shiritori remains one of my favorite moments of the whole series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom