• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN041: The Great Pikachu Dubbing Operation! / Half a Numacraw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 17 is the best Team Rocket episode of the series imo. It is responsible for Nasty Plot Shiritori and the "kids these days don't know what phone booths are" gag. PM004 and 007 were both solid too (minus the Mr. Mime controversy).

IMO her biggest weakness is that Ash has had some OOC moments in her episodes.

Episode 17 is the best Team Rocket episode of the series imo. It is responsible for Nasty Plot Shiritori and the "kids these days don't know what phone booths are" gag. PM004 and 007 were both solid too (minus the Mr. Mime controversy).

Episode 17 was an awesome episode thanks to Team Rocket, it was the episode with the best gatcha Pokemon: Chewtle.

Rest in Peace Chewtle you will be avenged.

On a TR related point, I actually like the Gatcha-Machine. I know it doesn’t add a whole lot for TR to bond with Pokemon that are reoccurring (best examples are the Alola-mons), but from a single view episode, where there’s no focus on TR, the Gatcha-Machine is absolutely chaotic, and I love it. Not to mention it makes Ash sharpen his skills more, as each time the Pokemon are different, he has to find new ways to beat them, on top of the Pokemon being powerful (Tyranitar, Gyarados, etc.)

On topic, I'm curious as to what purpose Ludicolo will serve in this episode. The opening implied some sort of dancing with the Marshtomp.
$5 says it's Rain Dance. It seems that Marshtomp is stuck in a dried-up lake.

Possible. The summary did say that there was heavy rain prior to them finding Marshtomp, which is how it might have ended up being stuck in the mud. Seems like Marshtomp won't be caught after all.
That part is kind of confusing, you'd think that dry, cracked landscape would be the result of a drought. Maybe they used Rain Dance previously which evaporated the water from the lake and it fell elsewhere.

Or maybe when Ludicolo used Rain Dance, Marshtomp was pulled into the clouds in the same phenomenon that results in fish and other small animals raining from the sky, and then plummeted to the earth, forming a small crater.:wynaut:

Last edited:
On a TR related point, I actually like the Gatcha-Machine. I know it doesn’t add a whole lot for TR to bond with Pokemon that are reoccurring (best examples are the Alola-mons), but from a single view episode, where there’s no focus on TR, the Gatcha-Machine is absolutely chaotic, and I love it. Not to mention it makes Ash sharpen his skills more, as each time the Pokemon are different, he has to find new ways to beat them, on top of the Pokemon being powerful (Tyranitar, Gyarados, etc.)

But why sacrifice them having Pokémon? The gatcha would be nice for another villain but not for Team Rocket Trio.

Powerfull? With the exception of Mincino and Buneary the other gatcha were defeated quite easily and most of the time it was a 2 on 1. I prefer10000 times Arbok and Weezing getting his ass kicked multiple times. At least I get to care those Pokémon even if they were losers. That is the point of the Team Rocket charactet

Is not silly enough that Giovanni aproves of a machine that have his pixelated face that have Pokémon like Magikarp and a Rhydon that just drills?

Sharpen his skill? For god sake he defeated a Rhydon and a Stunkfish with a Pikachu.

No Team Rocket fan should be happy with this...

I was asking for a Cramorant and a Sandaconda not a randomizer.

There is no excusses. This series wants us to not care about the Pokémon.. Team Rocket does not have any, only Riolu and Pikachu got focus. And for Goh only Raboot and some puntual moments with the other Pokémon.

What is this?

I'm sorry but as a Team Rocket fan I cannot agree with this comentary.

I highly doubt that. This seems more like one of those "helping out the character/Pokémon of the day".

Exactly. Another problem (Which was an oversight on our part for the Zapdos episode, who is in the same boat as Marshtomp), is that Marshtomp is a starter and if it was gonna get caught, it would have been foreshadowed and marketed heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom