• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN041: The Great Pikachu Dubbing Operation! / Half a Numacraw

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to me how everybody here seems to see this as the second two-in-one episode when it's actually the third.

The Corni / Galar Kamonegi episode was, for all intents and purposes, the second one.
It wasn't. There weren't two separate titles for two distinctively separate sections in that episode, just one single title at the beginning like usual.

It's interesting to me how everybody here seems to see this as the second two-in-one episode when it's actually the third.

The Corni / Galar Kamonegi episode was, for all intents and purposes, the second one.

How does Korrina's episode (JN025) and Galarian Farfetch'd's episode (JN027) make for a two-in-one episode?

Also, having two segments of an episode with different plots is not the same as naming two segments of the same episode with different titles.

There were no separate title screens but it was absolutely a two-in-one episode.

What are you talking about?
Korrina episode was JN25, Galarfetch'd was JN27. Even if you confuse 25 with 26, you don't have a point.
You can call 26 and 27 a 2-parter, but it wasn't a two-in-one episode, since both episodes were 20 minutes long, meaning 26 and 27 are both a separate episode.

Or do you see the Galar Darkest day plot as a four-in-one episode, despite them all getting 20 minute episodes, despite being connected.

Dogasu has a point. No one expected the Raihan episode to include a capture for Ash (Go is different since he can get away with quick captures), which took up nearly half the screentime. That saved the episode for me and I'm glad they didn't bother with two titles, but the fact remains that the connection between the segments was thin.

"Half a Numacraw" might be a joke about the format. Who knows what else it means.

For people who enjoyed the previous 2-in-1 episode, rejoice! We're getting another one! Hopefully it'll be at least as crazy and over-the-top as the previous one.

For people who disliked the previous 2-in-1 episode, rejoice! You only have to cope with 1 concentrated filler episode between the Zapdos episode and the Galar SWSH plot instead of 2 back-to-back, potentially-mediocre filler episodes!

Personally, I'm in both camps. I really enjoyed the first 2-in-1 episode, and at the same time, I'm glad that the writers squeezed 2 fillers into one episode so that the gap between non-fillers won't be as long.

I'm sorry for the ones who enjoy it, but episodes based on memes are not what I call interesting or original.

I guess that the next 2 on 1 will be about Bidoof or a walking Furret.

56f65036ce204.jpeg

link
Sorry, I accidentally clicked Post reply.

In all seriousness, I've been split on Journeys since it started and maybe the first two segment episode reminded me of Sun & Moon, a series I actually liked, so I ended up liking the ridiculous silly nonsensical comedy in it because it brought me that familiar feeling I had before. People do like and dislike different episodes and series for different reasons after all.

Whoops, I did mean Episode 27 as being the other two-in-one. My bad.

Dande vs Kibana is part one, and the getting Kamonegi was part two. There's a clean split along the commercial break and everything.
Yeah. Dogasu is right. But the 26th episode (Jump! Koiking, Put it On! Yadoking) and 27th episode (Legends of Heroes! Dande's Greatest Battle!!) was entirely different in the manner of splitting.

Yeah. Dogasu is right. But the 26th episode (Jump! Koiking, Put it On! Yadoking) and 27th episode (Legends of Heroes! Dande's Greatest Battle!!) was entirely different in the manner of splitting.

No he isn't right.

One was 2 episodes in 1 (2 episodes of 11 minutes), while episode 27 and 28 were two separate episodes, because each is 20 minutes long. They are not a 2 in 1 episode, they are a 2 parter, which is different.

No he isn't right.

One was 2 episodes in 1 (2 episodes of 11 minutes), while episode 27 and 28 were two separate episodes, because each is 20 minutes long. They are not a 2 in 1 episode, they are a 2 parter, which is different.
I think Dogasu was referring to episode 27, and how the plots of Leon vs Raihan and Ash catching Farfetch'd are so distinctively different. Although, I personally do think that it may be a bit exaggerated to call it a two-in-one episode.

If 26 is anything to go by, I get the feeling that this story will feature Team Rocket at the start and end using the Prize Master for no real reason to reveal Marshtomp and Pikachu maybe

If 26 is anything to go by, I get the feeling that this story will feature Team Rocket at the start and end using the Prize Master for no real reason to reveal Marshtomp and Pikachu maybe

That would be... weird.

By the way seeing the special preview I'm starting to think that is possible that in the Marshtomp segment Ash and Goh may not appear at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom