• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN042: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

Cubone's Ghostly Parent
Reaction score
Looking forward to this episode, though it does feel a bit sudden.

Wonder what Pokemon Goh and/or Ash might catch here, maybe Rookidee

nickdt

Reaction score
Looking forward to this episode, though it does feel a bit sudden.

Wonder what Pokemon Goh and/or Ash might catch here, maybe Rookidee

Goh, not Ash.

Rookidee and Blipbug is my guess, considering you can get them there in the games as well (And he already has Skwovet).

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I wonder if this title is a temporary one or the actual title that's going to be used?

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
So the first episode is basically the start of SW/SH. Hmm...I wonder what the impetus for the dynamic duo to go to Galar and wind up in the forest? :unsure:

Lightning Flame Blast

Feel the grace
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, I love concise and ominous titles. I hope it’s not a placeholder and that this arc is gonna delve a little into the dark.

If we’re going with the Zacian and Zamazenta connection thing, good thing there’s only two protagonists and there won’t be someone awkwardly sitting in the back watching (aka Brock in most of the movies). I wonder if that was intentional?

Puddle

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I have to say, I'm really excited about this special Sword and Shield arc. With the Pokemon anime I usually just watch the odd episode here and there, but I'll definitely watch all the episodes from this arc. The trailer looks amazing. As much as I loved Twilight Wings, I was a little disappointed that Zacian and Zamazenta didn't appear, so I'm very much looking forward to them making their anime debut at last. And I really hope that this Mewtwo is the same one from the First Movie and Mewtwo Returns, wouldn't that be amazing?

Did anyone else notice the accuracy with which they've re-created the locations from Sword and Shield? The Slumbering Weald altar, Stow-on-Side Stadium, Hammerlocke Stadium and the Energy Plant all look identical to their game counterparts. Now that the graphics in the games have become more realistic, the anime doesn't need to completely reimagine the locations anymore.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Did anyone else notice the accuracy with which they've re-created the locations from Sword and Shield? The Slumbering Weald altar, Stow-on-Side Stadium, Hammerlocke Stadium and the Energy Plant all look identical to their game counterparts. Now that the graphics in the games have become more realistic, the anime doesn't need to completely reimagine the locations anymore.
I noticed that too, and it feels kinda surreal. It's usually side series like Origins and Generations that recreate game locations this accurately in anime form.

pokepal_123

Reaction score
Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

One night Satoshi spots the "Daimax Band" he got from Dande, the strongest Pokémon Trainer in the Galar region, suddenly starting to glow on its own. Meanwhile, the Galar region has been experiencing a phenomenon where Pokémon are Daimaxing in places where it's normally impossible for them to do so. To solve the Daimax mystery, Satoshi and Go decided to visit the Galar region and see Professor Magnolia, the leading authority on Daimax research, but on their way there the duo got separated while in a forest shrouded in thick mist, where they encountered some mysterious Pokémon.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

BigDocFan

Cubone's Ghostly Parent
Reaction score
Slightly disappointed that the king or queen of continuity Atsuhiro Tomioka isn't involved with this arc but at least we have experienced writer Shōji Yonemura doing the arc

nickdt

Reaction score
Yaayy Magnolia. About time she appears, since she is the latest of the regional professor to do so (She is basically the human Grookey).

Status
Not open for further replies.