• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN042: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are thinking too deep. Just because it’s high in the cast list could still mean Goh can catch it. Besides we haven’t seen any merch. Plus i don’t see any room for it to fit in the next couple of episodes because of riolu. Then you guys are going to complain it’s shafted

I feel like Centiskorch being high on the cast list has less to do with it being a potential capture, regardless of who gets it, and more to do with the fact that it's essentially the main antagonist of the episode. Leon is seen fighting it, so clearly this thing is going to pose a threat.

The pattern is already broken since ash won’t have a grass or water type anyways. Even if he doesn’t catch fire that isn’t the only way to break the pattern. If he goes two sagas without a water type that’ll break the pattern as well.
We don't know that, as we don't know what Ash's future captures are.

There's also the possibility that Centiskorch is there because it shares its VA with James, even if James doesn't appear he's still one of the most important VAs of the show.

Also, Ash catching a Pokemon that just went through great pain would be very out-of-character and off-putting. Finally, if Centiskorch was caught it wouldn't receive much attention anyway because it's almost sure Ash will bond with Zacian.

The pattern is bound to be broken unless he captures a fire, water AND a grass type. And that’s really, really unlikely.

I personally think Centiskorch capture evidence is quite flimsy myself, but Zacian isn’t a factor IMO. It’s more of the fact that it has no extra focus in marketing. Really nothing if you forget that the VA list exists.

The pattern is bound to be broken unless he captures a fire, water AND a grass type. And that’s really, really unlikely.
Why? I highly doubt that this is all Ash obtains this saga, as I don't think that Sirfetch'd will be his only Gen 8 Pokemon.

Why? I highly doubt that this is all Ash obtains this saga, as I don't think that Sirfetch'd will be his only Gen 8 Pokemon.
I don’t see him capturing three Pokémon which are all somehow fire water and grass types. He already missed his chance for Sobble as the water type and you’ve borderline spammed the forums on why he doesn’t need Grookey...

This unstable ‘Pattern’ is going to break in this saga because there’s no way there’s enough time to give Ash 3 captures which are all conveniently fire water and grass type. That’s so oddly specific that it’s funny at this point.

Anyone who relies on such “patterns” cannot predict the series reliably.

I don’t see him capturing three Pokémon which are all somehow fire water and grass types. He already missed his chance for Sobble as the water type and you’ve borderline spammed the forums on why he doesn’t need Grookey...
He can, now that he's no longer limited to just the newest gen.

Return to me when you see a Fire/Water/Grass trio with Ash in the marketing. Till then no chance.
We have no clue what Ash's next captures are. There's a good chance that he does get Fire, Grass, and Water types, especially if he rotates his team.

We have no clue what Ash's next captures are. There's a good chance that he does get Fire, Grass, and Water types, especially if he rotates his team.
It’s no “good chance” it’s as equal chance as any other type now. Again your argument stays invalid till Ash is shown with a fire, water and grass type in marketing. Talk about that when they do show him with one.

It’s off topic for this episode’s discussion.

This is how I think the episode will go:

Starts off at Sakuragi Labs and Sakuragi will send them to Postwick to meet Prof. Magnolia. They arrive but quickly get distracted by something and go into the Slumbering Wield. Ash and Goh get split up. Ash meets Zacian while Goh meets Zamazenta. Ash decides to turn back while Goh decides to go deeper in. Ash encounters Leon and Centiskorch in Postwick while Goh encounters Sonia investigating the shrine. Ash uses Gigantamax Pikachu against Centiskorch while Goh learns more about the Darkest Day from Sonia, and they obtain the Rusted Sword and Shield. Ash decides to join Leon in defeating Gigantamax Pokémon around the region while Goh joins Sonia in investigating the Darkest Day around the region. The episode ends with Rose and Oleana overlooking the big orb thing at Hammerlocke.

There's also the possibility that Centiskorch is there because it shares its VA with James, even if James doesn't appear he's still one of the most important VAs of the show.
This.

How have so few people spotted that the common denominator is Shin'ichiro Miki? I get why people want this capture, but this is speculation out of thin air and some of you are in for a big disappointment on Friday...........

I think it's fairly obvious by this point that the writers are avoiding conventional typings for Ash this time, even they must have realized how redundant they've become.

Did we forget that Hop is the one who links with the other legendary and that he catches it in the postgame?
Which just so happens to have nothing to do with this climax. Try again next time.

But more to the point, if what you wanted was for Ash to bond with Zacian and Hop to do the same with Zamazenta, then no. The writers have no incentive to leave Go out of the plot (or make him secondary) just to be faithful to the games. It is not as if there's particularly good reason for Hop to be involved, unlike Sonia and (to a lesser extent) Leon.

Last edited:
I think it's fairly obvious by this point that the writers are avoiding conventional typings for Ash this time, even they must have realized how redundant they've become.
Ash has gotten a lot of Fighting types in the past. He got 2 more, and he's getting a third if they want to faithfully adapt the story of the Isle of Armor. Oh, and as I said, there's no guarantee of that as we don't know what Ash's future captures are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom