• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN042: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the VA list for JN043 lists James as appearing so we have no idea what happens to Centiskorch just yet
Spoiler: Ash doesn't catch it in the middle of a crisis.

I will try again right now.

It is Hop the one who suggest going to slumbering weald and the one who grabs the shield or the sword depending of the version.
And? Going to a forest isn't exactly something only Hop could do. Nor is grabbing a sword/shield.

It's a role role just about anyone could serve. Let's face it.

Though in the process of trying to avoid redundancy, they presented us with the redundancy of giving him 2 pure fighting types back to back.
To clarify what I mean, I think fire/water/grass and flying types have become redundant because of the overwhelming focus they've gotten in the last 23 years. Personally, I'm sick to death of seeing Ash teach his Pokemon Brave Bird, Flame Charge, etc. While having two fighting types on his team is silly, I don't actually think that fighting types have gotten near as much focus as those others have so they still feel fresh. Most of the fighting types Ash has had in the past have either been underused, or duel-type with more focus on the primary, with Hawlucha being the only real exception.

Though in the process of trying to avoid redundancy, they presented us with the redundancy of giving him 2 pure fighting types back to back.
One of those becomes Fighting/Steel after evolving, but it will use its Fighting type more. Ash will also probably get another pure Fighting type, but it could become Fighting/Dark or Fighting/Water.

While I would love Ash to get a Centiscorch - any bug type on the main cast is a win for me - I very much doubt he’s catching this one.

And? Going to a forest isn't exactly something only Hop could do. Nor is grabbing a sword/shield.

It's a role role just about anyone could serve. Let's face it.

Breakfast is ruined.

Well that is your opinion.Maybe you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom