• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN042: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest

Sobble constantly clinging on Goh's leg, and when Goh tells his Pokémon to stay together, Sobble climbing up to his head was the most unexpectedly charming thing in this episode. It leaves a smile on the face w/o a doubt.

They started well with this arc. The first part was handled well with Ash and Goh setting off and encountering a new Pokémon, then meeting the doggos. Second part was well structed as well. I think Ash and Goh departing ways is a nice step to take. Ash finally used another Pokémon for a battle, which is always a welcome move now.

This arc has a great start.

I liked this episode a lot writing-wise, it managed to fit in a lot without feeling rushed. Animation was sub-par though.

Just seen the possibility that this might be Giovanni

Would be brilliant if it is him, hence the secrecy
I think it’s that worker that was talking to the woman in the beginning about gmax power

Well Ash pokemon did weaken that giantic Max Pokémon enough for Leon to finished it off. Also maybe that Pokémon use a lot of engrey
I dint understand what u mean one shot by Leon? It took two shots from Charizard though Ash pokemon helped out

No, I actually think it’s giovanni. Think of it, after eternaus arc we have a mewtwo episode straight after. Mewtwo and giovanni are directly related so I think it is giovanni
i don't know, be great if it was since we didn't see team rocket

No, I actually think it’s giovanni. Think of it, after eternaus arc we have a mewtwo episode straight after. Mewtwo and giovanni are directly related so I think it is giovanni
But no symbol. And I doubt Giovanni would be driving a car, when a Grunt could be driving it instead.

I doubt it. Giovanni wouldn't be following Sonia for some reason alone. Giovanni would send his grunts after them. Plus, it doesn’t really look like Giovanni other than the fact that he’s a man who wears a suit and a similar haircut. This character looks much younger due to the lack of any face lines, which shows Giovanni’s age and ruthless personality. The last time we saw him he had a white shirt and red tie instead of the grey shirt and blueish-blackish tie that

29B0B2D1-7843-4B87-9CF4-304F709A88C2.png

It’s much more likely to be members of Rose’s secret service-esque team. They all wear similar suits that the man driving does. They probably saw that Sonia was investigating things they don’t want her to and are trying to stop her from uncovering secrets about the Darkest Day so she can’t expose them.

656779D6-1D3B-438C-9C2D-C18199FBD5B4.jpeg

This episode mostly played out pretty much exactly how I expected it to: Ash encountered Zacian, Goh encountered Zamazenta, the Centiskorch was not the capture of the day but rather an antagonist, Goh and Ash get separated to do research and battle the Dynamax mons respectively. Despite this, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't anything spectacular but imo, for the start of an arc it was pretty solid. I love that Dragonite got an appearance here, it's been a while since we've seen it. Now it's just Gengar and Farfetch'd left for the spotlight.

I know some people find it annoying that Leon's Charizard one-shotted a Dynamax Pokémon but I personally didn't have much of a problem with it because 1)this finally offers some concrete proof that Leon and Charizard are indeed strong in spite of Gigantamax and not because of it, and 2)Leon's Charizard is redonkulously shilled even by the standards of his own species anyway.

PS. Charizard used a Rock-type attack against the Centiskorch, does anyone know what it was? I watched the episode without subs so I can't tell if it was meant to be Rockslide, Rock Tomb or Ancient Power.

PS. Charizard used a Rock-type attack against the Centiskorch, does anyone know what it was? I watched the episode without subs so I can't tell if it was meant to be Rockslide, Rock Tomb or Ancient Power.
I'm such a Pokémon nerd that I was able to tell it was Rock Tomb even without subtitles.

I'm such a Pokémon nerd that I was able to tell it was Rock Tomb even without subtitles.
Lol that or listening for the attack call. When you watch enough of the anime, you recognize the names as well as the English localizations ("Ganseki Fuji"= Rock Tomb).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom