• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN046: Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mewtwo’s trying to test if they’re worth of accomplishing their goals. What’s he gonna do if they aren’t, rewire their brains?

Will Ash come back as an aspiring hiker and Goh as a bug catcher

Mewtwo: You want to be a Pokémon Master? How about working towards that Masters Degree first, kid.

Any possibility of other Ash's Pokémon appearing due to VA overlap? I don’t remember the VA list...
It'd be really nice if we also saw that recurring Farfetch'd from Galar!

Sadly not

Kenta Miyake: Dragonite
Yasuhiro Mamiya: Gengar
Shin'ichirō Miki: Farfetch'd

Possible:
Yuji Ueda: Mimey

It sounds like Mewtwo is testing how far Ash and Goh are willing to go in order to reach their respective dreams.
We know how far Ash is willing to go

EMgGzh9XkAA1-Fu.jpg

Why would Giovanni be involved when Mewtwo wiped his memories of it in Mewtwo's Return?
Well, if Cerise can detect Mewtwo’s power, Giovanni probably has the means to do so too.

That said, I doubt they’re pulling that plot thread out after so long. Giovanni stopped being relevant in the anime a while ago tbh.

After all the relatively disappointing animation for the past 4 mainline episodes, Iwane's animation seems like a relief to the eyes. I wonder if we'll see some clone Pokemon here given that Mewtwo seems to be living in an entire ecosystem (that again, as I pointed out, seems similar to the Tree of Beginning in aesthetic).
Despite, the last episode is a great one. But is true... The arc is kind of rush and disappointment as Rose get away.

Looks like it could be a good episode
I'll believed, it will be like the one when Goh catch Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon from episode 36. Pseudo-raid battle. Only this time, they won't catch Mewtwo.

The clones are gone as they should be, but the way Mewtwo seems apathetic towards Ash implies that they aren't trying to acknowledge Mewtwo Returns. Either that or the preview is doing a bad job representing the dynamics.

Mewtwo's last words: If someday you happen to hear your name called, then you should turn around and look. Because... I might be standing there.

Ash seems to recognize Mewtwo and I doubt they'll go as far as to retcon out the special, but man, I do miss Shudo.

The clones are gone as they should be, but the way Mewtwo seems apathetic towards Ash implies that they aren't trying to acknowledge Mewtwo Returns. Either that or the preview is doing a bad job representing the dynamics.

Mewtwo's last words: If someday you happen to hear your name called, then you should turn around and look. Because... I might be standing there.

Ash seems to recognize Mewtwo and I doubt they'll go as far as to retcon out the special, but man, I do miss Shudo.
A magazine already confirmed that Returns will be acknowledged.

The preview hasn't shown any specific scene of Mewtwo interacting with Ash, so let's hold out and see.

Hmm... I've noticed in the new preview that Cinderace and Lucario aren't in it until it's time to fight MewTwo?

Perhaps they'll be in their Pokeballs more often than we think? (Well I'm sure they'll still appear at least once per episode. Just not full-time travel Partners like they used to be)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom