• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN046: Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing is really questionable. Mewtwo's return should be hyped up rather than being a "breather" after a big arc. But "revival" all but outright confirms that it's the original Mewtwo (I don't see it being the Movie 16 Mewtwo, lol), and I expect to see it later with Mew. This is just a reintroduction episode, where Mewtwo will accept(?) Ash and Go's goals.

The timing is really questionable. Mewtwo's return should be hyped up rather than being a "breather" after a big arc. But "revival" all but outright confirms that it's the original Mewtwo (I don't see it being the Movie 16 Mewtwo, lol), and I expect to see it later with Mew. This is just a reintroduction episode, where Mewtwo will accept(?) Ash and Go's goals.
I didn't even consider the fact that Mewtwo is already buddy-buddy with Mew. I wonder if he will chat with Gou about his "mother". I wonder what Mewtwo will think about Gou trying to catch it. I wonder if Mewtwo Returns is canon and will Ash remember him.
Much as I like the idea of this episode, I dread to imagine the thought that Goh may be getting Mewtwo
I won't even humor that possibility. Mewtwo is a free man.

Last edited:
Much as I like the idea of this episode, I dread to imagine the thought that Goh may be getting Mewtwo
I highly doubt this will ever come to pass, even if they decide to do another *gasp* fake tension like JN040. Like Silktree said, it might be a reintroduction to Mewtwo and JN020 style of reaffirming the characters goals (The 'Battling and Getting' wording in the title). Though I don't know if Mew, at least the one Goh encountered since I think it's a separate entity from the ones from M01 and M08, will have any correlation to Mewtwo.

I really hope they tweak Goh's goal a bit here, it's far too stale and nonsensical as it is.

Though I don't know if Mew, at least the one Goh encountered since I think it's a separate entity from the ones from M01 and M08, will have any correlation to Mewtwo.

I really hope they tweak Goh's goal a bit here, it's far too stale and nonsensical as it is.
I think it's almost definitely the same Mew since it just so happens to have the same VA (and Yamadera has barely lent his voice to the show before), and I don't see the point of Mewtwo being paired with a different Mew. The VA fact made me suspicious from the get-go.

As for Go, he's already seen that catching Zapdos was futile. If anything, Mewtwo will make him understand that he'll have to actually bond with Mew, and legendaries are out of the question.

pokepal_123 said:
Mewtwo may be the original but we'll see.
"Revival" wouldn't make sense for a new Mewtwo, and I don't think anyone expects to see the Movie 16 Mewtwo again. The preview also showed Mewtwo in the same pose as his original introduction to Ash.

Yeah, this seems like a reintroduction to Mewtwo. But it like feels this should happen around episode 50, but whatever.

It does feel like Mewtwo/Mew will be the overarching storyline for this series. Maybe that is why they were ok with making the Darkest Day arc a glorified movie.

If the writers were too chicken to let anyone capture Zapdos why the hell would they let the boys capture MEWTWO?

They only person here who reasonably could is probably Giovanni. (And that's is only assuming that if he created this MewTwo instead of it being the original)

Well shit son... :lapras:

I really thought this would happen at least a little later.

Though I swear to Arceus if Goh catches Mewtwo I quit. (I really mean it this time!)

I'm incredibly cynical about the show and even I seriously doubt Mewtwo would be caught, let alone by Gou when the human Mewtwo actually has a positive-ish connection to is standing right there.

I wonder if this will acknowledge Metwo's Johto appearance or only the film?
If Ash recognizes Mewtwo, and provided this is the same one from M01, then Johto will be somewhat acknowledged since Ash didn't have his memories wiped out in the special like he had in M01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom