• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN046: Battle and Catch! The Revival of Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is catching Mewtwo or Mew in this anime.
IMG_20201024_165252.jpg

"What are you saying"

Goh isn't catching Mewtwo. If Mewtwo wanted a human to catch him, it would be Ash, he's only human friend. But Mewtwo wouldn't want it and neither would Ash. They can still keep a bond despite Mewtwo not getting caught.

Goh isn't catching Mewtwo. If Mewtwo wanted a human to catch him, it would be Ash, he's only human friend. But Mewtwo wouldn't want it and neither would Ash. They can still keep a bond despite Mewtwo not getting caught.
Yeah. I don't know why people are bringing up the possibility of Mewtwo getting caught. I guess people enjoy talking about things that have a 0% chance of happening.

Yeah. I don't know why people are bringing up the possibility of Mewtwo getting caught. I guess people enjoy talking about things that have a 0% chance of happening.
Let’s face it. Mewtwo isn’t getting caught in one episode. HOWEVER if this is an introduction for a long arc ash could end up catching mewtwo in the end

Strong pokemon doesn’t mean you’re powerful if you don’t even use them in battle
He would just demolish everyone with Mewtwo. I don't want to see Ash just steamrolling through everything with no effort and no losses.

When I first read the title I was disappointed because it meant that Mewtwo was appearing on a filler. However, after analyzing a little I don't think even the writers would be capable of such a disservice, so this will probably be about Ash and Goh doing random stuff while something about Mewtwo happens in the background as preparation for a future arc.

However, I think they are capable of making Mewtwo silent or ambiguous to whether it's the same one from Movie 1. The "revival" word means nothing, it's not much different from "Awakening".

"battling and getting" makes me think this could partially be a clip show, in addition to setting up a Mewtwo arc. Not sure about other series', but DP's clip show was episode 47, so the timing does match up.

While Mewtwo is a powerful Pokemon, its not nearly as Powerful as it used to be, especially with the recent introduction of OP legendaries.
Still super powerful and definitely in the zone of Pokémon no character in the anime would ever catch.

And even in the games, hasn't Mewtwo been Uber for pretty much its entire existence?

While Mewtwo is a powerful Pokemon, its not nearly as Powerful as it used to be, especially with the recent introduction of OP legendaries.
The anime doesn’t work on BSTs so Mewtwo could be just as powerful as Zacian, for instance.

I think it should be some kind of Law.
"The power of any legendary or mythical at any given point of time is dictated no more and no less than what the plot demands." I also added a part two in the overall quote.

PkmnTrainerV's Law of the Pokemon Anime said:
1. The power of any legendary or mythical at any given point of time is dictated no more and no less than what the plot demands.
2. The power of any two legendary or mythical Pokémon at any two separate points in the anime cannot be accurately compared as an implication of the first law of the Pokemon anime.

"battling and getting" makes me think this could partially be a clip show, in addition to setting up a Mewtwo arc. Not sure about other series', but DP's clip show was episode 47, so the timing does match up.
BW and SM didn't have any clip show (well, BW had a ranking special for the movies). XYZ had one for New Year's Eve instead of a rerun or whatever they usually do then.

Anyway, I can see Ash tell Go about how he met Mewtwo, and then Mewtwo will inquire them about their goals. But if anything requires more than a minute of flashbacks, it's Mewtwo's past starting from the movie, onto Mewtwo Returns and finally city life. But then there's also Go's encounter with Mew, which will naturally interest Mewtwo.

Are you serious? Literally Mewtwo was portrayed as unbeatable last shown in the anime. (Not counting the movies) Gary got absolutely sh*t on at you’re saying that it’s not op? Mewtwo is probably a tier above some box art legendaries. I would say no one would catch it but I wouldn’t even think twice of thinking it’ll go to goh.

I personally think arguing about legendary power levels is meaningless since they’ll change to fit in the plot anyways. Just look at what the poor legendary birds go through on a regular basis. Their power is all over the place.

I can bet my life savings (even though they may be 2 cents,,,) that Go won’t get Mew or Mewtwo.

I'm thinking a pseudo-clipshow like the episode with the fake Lugia.

I personally think arguing about legendary power levels is meaningless since they’ll change to fit in the plot anyways. Just look at what the poor legendary birds go through on a regular basis. Their power is all over the place.

I can bet my life savings (even though they may be 2 cents,,,) that Go won’t get Mew or Mewtwo.

TBH I could see Go getting Mew just long enough for some climactic battle and then immediately releasing it. Not more than that though.

I could see Go catching Mew at the end of Pokemon journeys when he and Ash split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom