• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN047: Pokémon Champion! The Battle of Big Eaters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really thankful for some dragonite focus... but poor farfetch’d and Gengar. Farfetch’d is going to be Palpitoad 2.0. But even Palipitoad had an excuse of being forgotten due to a large team.

It’d have been better off with Gou, and that’s saying a LOT for a Pokémon who loves battling.

I’m really thankful for some dragonite focus... but poor farfetch’d and Gengar. Farfetch’d is going to be Palpitoad 2.0. But even Palipitoad had an excuse of being forgotten due to a large team.

It’d have been better off with Gou, and that’s saying a LOT for a Pokémon who loves battling.
Let’s take the small victories, pal. I don’t see Farfetch’d joining a food competition.

It would fare better in a sports contest, since it carries a baseball bat around.

I’m happy that Ash is using Dragonite instead of Pikachu or Lucario, but he’s probably not gonna win.

I’m guessing it’ll turn out this way:
1st Place - Goh & Skwovet(Greedent if it evolves).
2nd Place - TRio & Morpeko
3rd Place - CoTD & Blaziken (Though I could see TR sabotaging them somehow).
4th Place - Ash & Dragonite

I think because Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet have been confused for the tournament organizers they will try to take the opportunity to steal the food while James participate with Morpeko

Last edited:
I think because Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet have been confused for the tournament organizers they will try to take the opportunity to steal the food while James participate with Morpeko

James being good again wanting to join a competiton not caring about Jessie, Meowth and Wobbuffet cracks me up every time (Tbh, its a missed opportunity to not let a Pokemon join who has Buffet in the name and yes, i know this is not the case in Japan).

Also just thought about something: Kikuna also narrated the preview of the next episode, which means she is most likely also gonna participate.

Last edited:
After an epic story arc and Mewtwo appearance, we now return to your regularly scheduled silliness.

Last edited:
All right now this is the kind of filler episode I want to see. Ash/Goh using their other pokemon, TR not being used as a plot device and Chloe screentime is something we really need more of. I'm pleasantly surprised with how this looks right now. More laid-back slice of life episodes in the future would be great. Just do it outside Kanto next time.

It would fare better in a sports contest, since it carries a baseball bat around.

Like a pokebase episode, ahh that would be so good. They could even have him practice by hitting Aura Spheres. Please make this happen writers.

Last edited:
I hope Chrysa gets something to do. So far, the only thing I can say about her is that she is the female assistant of Chloe's dad. Even the other assistant, Ren, has one thing to distinguish him (being scared of the paranormal).

I hope Chrysa gets something to do. So far, the only thing I can say about her is that she is the female assistant of Chloe's dad. Even the other assistant, Ren, has one thing to distinguish him (being scared of the paranormal).
I'm 90% sure what we saw in the preview makes up most of her screentime for the episode, but I'm open to being proven wrong and I would love to see an episode focused on her even if it's not this one.

I’m guessing it’ll turn out this way:
1st Place - Goh & Skwovet(Greedent if it evolves).
2nd Place - TRio & Morpeko
3rd Place - CoTD & Blaziken (Though I could see TR sabotaging them somehow).
4th Place - Ash & Dragonite
How could you forget the
IMG_20201121_151907.png
IMG_20201121_151852.png
IMG_20201121_151922.png

Let’s take the small victories, pal. I don’t see Farfetch’d joining a food competition.
What "small victory" am I supposed to be looking at? Lucario and Pikachu are in the episode without gorging on food.

They will spend a 3 episode arc with Ash teaching Lucario bone rush for the competition.[/QUOTE]

What "small victory" am I supposed to be looking at? Lucario and Pikachu are in the episode without gorging on food.
The small victory is Dragonite coming out of the shadow realm and actually having a role in an episode. Even better, he’s not just functioning as a taxi as well (like he was in some DD episodes).

The small victory is Dragonite coming out of the shadow realm and actually having a role in an episode. Even better, he’s not just functioning as a taxi as well (like he was in some DD episodes).
I don’t think Dragonite was suffering per se for attention... they seem to be treating it in a bafflingly absent way like Farfetch'd. It helped against G-Max Centiskorch too.

But yeah...I do get your point somewhat even though I personally disagree.

Welp. Sorry Glalie, Snorlax and Muk. Seems like you won't return on Ash's team in Journeys.

Lol. I do wonder if Glalie will grow a body and turn into Froslass after eating so much food in one go, else where does it keep it all.

I'm against eating contest in real life because I consider it a huge waste of food.
Frankly, I do not expect much from the upcoming episode and I just hope it won't be too much of an unnecessary filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom