• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipsical

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 12.0% done!
Reaction score
Hopefully Pikachu has his close call in a region that isn’t Kanto, or at least somewhere that isn’t Vermilion City.

They do have comedian guest stars, but I wonder if this close call will be serious or not. Perhaps Lucario will save Pikachu, which will help them grow closer?

Beatsy Ray

Reaction score
I'll withhold judgment until we get a summary. "Pikachu Dubbing Operation" sounded awful until we knew what it was about.
After that time where Pikachu blatantly broke from character and got pissy about being second to Riolu, when he had no problem being second to Greninja, my expectations aren't high for Pikachu-centric episodes.
Actually, Pikachu wasn't ooc that episode, Ash was. And it was a fantastic episode in my opinion, so long as you could look past that one major flaw.

Zexy

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
What I'd like this episode to be:

Pikachu accidentally touches a Thunderstone, Ash is going to freak out thinking it will evolve, but it won't.
Because if they want to stay true to the main series, Pikachu has the Gigantamax Factor and thus cannot ever evolve :)

empoemperor

Empoleon, use Whirlpool!
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him

Pikachu accidentally touches a Thunderstone, Ash is going to freak out thinking it will evolve, but it won't.
Because if they want to stay true to the main series, Pikachu has the Gigantamax Factor and thus cannot ever evolve :)
I think JN035 fulfills a good amount of your scenario.

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Dang it's so good to see new Pikachu Episode!

Nice to see all the development for G Farfetch'd has finally been accomplished!
Screenshot_2020-10-30-03-33-37-1.png

Last edited:

SammyW27

Reaction score
Oh god, it just occured to me, Riolu’s evolving a couple episodes before this one.

If this is another jealously episode, I swear...

"I will NOT play second fiddle to something Ash should've caught during its generation, Arceusdammit!"

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Perhaps Lucario will save Pikachu, which will help them grow closer?
They’re already pretty close... Any closer and they'll end up at the daycare.

Pikachu accidentally touches a thunderstone and has to learn how to live life as a Raichu. He never devolves. And is defeated by a rookie Pikachu who hates all raichu due to plot armor.

nickdt

Reaction score
Looking at PlayerKing95's edits on Bulbapedia, this episode will see Ash and Goh visit Unova which will be interesting

About time we get to see Unova again.

Omg, what if this is a PWC style tournament hosted by Don George. That would be some continuity. We then can potentially see some returning characters (Like Stephan, Bianca and Virgil) as well.

pokepal_123

Reaction score
What, they are wasting Unova on this likely filler?? Hopefully the summary comes out soon to clear things up. It kinda angers me that only Playerking has access to the summaries and everyone else has to wait.

BigDocFan

Super Cute and Powerful
Reaction score
What, they are wasting Unova on this likely filler?? Hopefully the summary comes out soon to clear things up. It kinda angers me that only Playerking has access to the summaries and everyone else has to wait.

I have asked PlayerKing to share the summary, hopefully they'll do it soon so I can post on here

Eclipsical

Reaction score
About time we see Unova again, though I wish it wasn’t on something that is likely filler. Hopefully Goh catches a Unova Pokémon while he’s there since his Kanto Pokémon vastly outweigh literally all of his other captures.

BigDocFan

Super Cute and Powerful
Reaction score
Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and Go are visiting Hiun City in the Isshu region. But the Rocket Gang secretly got there before them, and are planning to get Pikachu by swapping it for their mech "Almost Pikachu", which looks just like Pikachu. But Aceburn and Lucario sees this happen and chase after the Rocket Gang. Where will the road take these two?

Eclipsical

Reaction score
Cinderace and Lucario are gonna be exploring Castelia City, it seems like. Maybe this’ll actually help the two of them bond since they are their trainer’s respective aces.

Maybe Goh will catch a Pidove or something.

I hope Sinnoh (Goh literally only has one native Sinnoh Pokémon) and Kalos episodes are soon down the line.

BigDocFan

Super Cute and Powerful
Reaction score
I thought this episode would be boring based on the title alone, the summary proves me right

A standard Pikachu is captured by Team Rocket episode and needs to be free

No doubt this mecha is so obvious yet Ash and Goh are Oblivious

Status
Not open for further replies.