• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That park looks like its based off Central Park, so hopefully they can make the rest of Castelia as close to NY as possible.

Why do you say so? Was the price of the eating competition a trip to Unova or something like that?
I heard them mention Unova at the end of this week's episode, and Ash mentions the eating contest in the preview too. Maybe it's like a gathering of winners from different regions for one big competition? I'll need subtitles to be sure.

I heard them mention Unova at the end of this week's episode, and Ash mentions the eating contest in the preview too. Maybe it's like a gathering of winners from different regions for one big competition? I'll need subtitles to be sure.

Hmmm Interesting. But this rises a question then?

Why is not Peter Grifiin Greedent in the episode? He is the one who won the competition. Wouldn't be fair if he is in it too?

That park looks like its based off Central Park, so hopefully they can make the rest of Castelia as close to NY as possible.
Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Daigo (from Chidori): Dageki
Nobu (from Chidori): Nageki
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
The only thing it's missing to make it feel like NYC is the city's population. Why is the cast list so threadbare and why are there NO OTHER PEOPLE ANYWHERE TO BE SEEN?!

Nyasu looks cute tho, so (y)(y)(y)

Wow, Unova actually looks good! The skyline behind Goh really caught my eye; very much NYC!

Unfortunately, the episode itself looks insanely boring. Episodes that focus on lost Pokémon wandering around by themselves never tend to impress.

Wow, Unova actually looks good! The skyline behind Goh really caught my eye; very much NYC!

Agreed. I was disappointed with how generic Castelia City looked when it showed up in BW. Hopefully, Journeys can rectify that at least a little bit.

Unfortunately, the episode itself looks insanely boring. Episodes that focus on lost Pokémon wandering around by themselves never tend to impress.
Yea, Alola pretty much pulled it so much that it’s still too soon.

TRio is kind of brilliant if they can make such a close copy of Pikachu. I’d love to know who taught them genetic engineering...
Well we have seen that they have been keeping footage of Pikachu so it’s not exactly totally out there that they could build a robot that’s convincing at least in the short term.

The only thing it's missing to make it feel like NYC is the city's population. Why is the cast list so threadbare and why are there NO OTHER PEOPLE ANYWHERE TO BE SEEN?!

Nyasu looks cute tho, so (y)(y)(y)
This was a problem Wyndon had. There were hardly any background characters and it made the place feel so empty, despite the fact that its based on a huge and lively city. I feel like the anime has had this problem lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom