• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handy Man

SoCal King K. Rool main
Reaction score
Honestly, this premise would be better if Lucario and Cinderace actually had stablished chemistry beforehand.

This series has this weird thing about the boys’ pokemon almost never interacting with one another at all.
I agree. It seems like the writers and producers want to push Cinderace and Lucario hard, but it's jarring because Raboot and Riolu never interacted with each other until they evolved. I don't mind that the show is treating Lucario and Cinderace like a duo, but it would have made a lot more sense if they were shown as friends before they reached their final forms.

Craiden

Reaction score
Honestly, this premise would be better if Lucario and Cinderace actually had stablished chemistry beforehand.

This series has this weird thing about the boys’ pokemon almost never interacting with one another at all.

Pikachu and Scorbunny had good interactions prior to Scorbunny evolving, and there are "cute" scenes, but fair (though I also think this is one of those "perhaps they can develop rapport" episodes).

Ashpower

Reaction score
the sticking hands i will see the episode before making judgement

Ebhin ketchum

Reaction score
I am not going to predict much ,but I think it would be an episode like the one in orange islands where Pikachu and Meowth were held by an instrument like handcuffs.
I also belive that Pikachu will have a hard time with Team rocket

Eclipsical

Goh’s Pokédex Completion Percentage: 12.0% done!
Reaction score
I hope this episode exceeds my expectations since it hasn’t really got me too interested yet, which is a little disappointing since I’ve been waiting for a Unova episode. This episode seems to be showing off Cinderace and Lucario’s contrasting personalities and giving them some needed one-on-one interactions, so that’s good.

I think that Goh will probably catch one of the early-game Unova Pokémon early on in the episode before the split-up happens. Pidove, Patrat, Purloin, or Lillipup. Pidove is most likely, though. New York is filled with pigeons, after all.

Lightning Flame Blast

Feel the grace
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Lucario giving Cinderace a face noogie

(I'm going to start shipping them aren't I?)

https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1334376820775342080?s=19
5461CAA5-6E10-4C1D-8D4F-D4229B1C7737.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.