• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN048: A Close Call with Practically Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Pikachu has his close call in a region that isn’t Kanto, or at least somewhere that isn’t Vermilion City.

They do have comedian guest stars, but I wonder if this close call will be serious or not. Perhaps Lucario will save Pikachu, which will help them grow closer?

I'll withhold judgment until we get a summary. "Pikachu Dubbing Operation" sounded awful until we knew what it was about.
After that time where Pikachu blatantly broke from character and got pissy about being second to Riolu, when he had no problem being second to Greninja, my expectations aren't high for Pikachu-centric episodes.
Actually, Pikachu wasn't ooc that episode, Ash was. And it was a fantastic episode in my opinion, so long as you could look past that one major flaw.

What I'd like this episode to be:

Pikachu accidentally touches a Thunderstone, Ash is going to freak out thinking it will evolve, but it won't.
Because if they want to stay true to the main series, Pikachu has the Gigantamax Factor and thus cannot ever evolve :)

Pikachu accidentally touches a Thunderstone, Ash is going to freak out thinking it will evolve, but it won't.
Because if they want to stay true to the main series, Pikachu has the Gigantamax Factor and thus cannot ever evolve :)
I think JN035 fulfills a good amount of your scenario.

Dang it's so good to see new Pikachu Episode!

Nice to see all the development for G Farfetch'd has finally been accomplished!
Screenshot_2020-10-30-03-33-37-1.png

Last edited:
Oh god, it just occured to me, Riolu’s evolving a couple episodes before this one.

If this is another jealously episode, I swear...

"I will NOT play second fiddle to something Ash should've caught during its generation, Arceusdammit!"

Perhaps Lucario will save Pikachu, which will help them grow closer?
They’re already pretty close... Any closer and they'll end up at the daycare.

Pikachu accidentally touches a thunderstone and has to learn how to live life as a Raichu. He never devolves. And is defeated by a rookie Pikachu who hates all raichu due to plot armor.

Looking at PlayerKing95's edits on Bulbapedia, this episode will see Ash and Goh visit Unova which will be interesting

About time we get to see Unova again.

Omg, what if this is a PWC style tournament hosted by Don George. That would be some continuity. We then can potentially see some returning characters (Like Stephan, Bianca and Virgil) as well.

What, they are wasting Unova on this likely filler?? Hopefully the summary comes out soon to clear things up. It kinda angers me that only Playerking has access to the summaries and everyone else has to wait.

What, they are wasting Unova on this likely filler?? Hopefully the summary comes out soon to clear things up. It kinda angers me that only Playerking has access to the summaries and everyone else has to wait.

I have asked PlayerKing to share the summary, hopefully they'll do it soon so I can post on here

About time we see Unova again, though I wish it wasn’t on something that is likely filler. Hopefully Goh catches a Unova Pokémon while he’s there since his Kanto Pokémon vastly outweigh literally all of his other captures.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and Go are visiting Hiun City in the Isshu region. But the Rocket Gang secretly got there before them, and are planning to get Pikachu by swapping it for their mech "Almost Pikachu", which looks just like Pikachu. But Aceburn and Lucario sees this happen and chase after the Rocket Gang. Where will the road take these two?

Cinderace and Lucario are gonna be exploring Castelia City, it seems like. Maybe this’ll actually help the two of them bond since they are their trainer’s respective aces.

Maybe Goh will catch a Pidove or something.

I hope Sinnoh (Goh literally only has one native Sinnoh Pokémon) and Kalos episodes are soon down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom