• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN049: Koharu and the Mysterious, Mysterious Eievui!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single Pokemon with the potential to Gigantamax has been able to.
Exactly, I noted this in one of the review threads of the darkest day arc, to the extent that I assumed that the anime had ditched Gigantamax factor as a concept.

There’s some mystery that’s not Gigantamax. Unless they go to Galar and/or talk to about Gigantamax in this episode. We haven’t seen even a single Gigantamax-capable Pokemon do the simple plain Dynamax.

This Eevee will Gigantamax, I’m sure of it but I don’t think it’s the special thing about it. They didn’t even bother to explain Gigantamax as different from Dynamax in much focus. They just treated as something normal that exists.

This Eevee will Gigantamax, I’m sure of it but I don’t think it’s the special thing about it. They didn’t even bother to explain Gigantamax as different from Dynamax in much focus. They just treated as something normal that exists.
Maybe the secret is it knowing partner Eevee moves?

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, which is probably a mistake considering how they've treated Eevee in the cast before and how Journeys has gone as a series overall. I just love Eevee, which I guess makes me a glutton for punishment. But it's absolutely understandable why a lot of you are sick of seeing Eevee or are distrustful of how it's going to be portrayed.

Chloe has really become the saving grace of this series for me in a lot of ways, however, so I'm also hopeful that this is going to lead to some big time character development for her. If the ball is dropped there, I'm honestly going to be much more disappointed with that than if Eevee gets the shaft for the umpteenth time.

Maybe the secret is it knowing partner Eevee moves?
If it is the Partner Moves, then they better make a comeback for SWSH because otherwise what's the point of having LGPE promotion this late into the anime? Moreover, it'd make Sandy even more pointless because Chloe's Eevee would be doing what Sandy should have done when he was part of the main cast.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, which is probably a mistake considering how they've treated Eevee in the cast before and how Journeys has gone as a series overall. I just love Eevee, which I guess makes me a glutton for punishment. But it's absolutely understandable why a lot of you are sick of seeing Eevee or are distrustful of how it's going to be portrayed.

Chloe has really become the saving grace of this series for me in a lot of ways, however, so I'm also hopeful that this is going to lead to some big time character development for her. If the ball is dropped there, I'm honestly going to be much more disappointed with that than if Eevee gets the shaft for the umpteenth time.
I'm an Eevee fan, but what bothers me about the species' past treatment has less to do with me liking it and more to do with the fact that I just don't like when a Pokemon gets shafted period: most of the Pokemon Ash caught during the Unova saga aren't species that I feel strongly about, but that didn't stop me from utterly loathing how horribly their screentime was handled, and one of Journey's lowest points for me so far is how everything that isn't Pikachu, Lucario or Cinderace only appears once in a blue moon.

This is because I personally feel that it's completely pointless to give a main character a Pokemon if they never do anything substantial with them, otherwise why bother? It'd make little to no difference if that shafted Pokemon was never caught at all... of course, the fact that this is happening to one of my favorite species only adds salt in the wound.

TL; DR, you could replace the Eevee species with Rattata and I'd still be angry about its treatment because it's more about the treatment itself than who gets it.

Last edited:
If it is the Partner Moves, then they better make a comeback for SWSH because otherwise what's the point of having LGPE promotion this late into the anime?

For the same reason we had Wallace in DP, Clair in BW and Megaevolutions in SM, to further a character's goals.

Moreover, it'd make Sandy even more pointless because Chloe's Eevee would be doing what Sandy should have done when he was part of the main cast.
That's Sandy's fault, not this Eevee's. And at least he did promote customization.

That's Sandy's fault, not this Eevee's. And at least he did promote customization.
I was never blaming this Eevee, just pointing out how little sense it makes to have created Sandy at all when there was going to be a new Eevee doing his job later down the line anyway. Also, if there's anyone to really blame, it's the writers and/or the executives, because it's not like any of these characters are real thinking, breathing people with any actual agency of their own: Sandy never chose to strut into the show so he could lie on someone's lap and be utterly pointless, he was created to be it.

Yeah, Sandy wasn't just bad writing...it was bad cross promotion! :mad:

Say what you want about elements bought into the Show for promotional reasons, but at least none of them were as pointless/useless as Sandy was...

It boggles my mind that they gave a main character an Eevee to promote LGPE...and did then (almost) NOTHING with it...o_O

TL; DR, you could replace the Eevee species with Rattata and I'd still be angry about its treatment because it's more about the treatment itself than who gets it.

Nah, I agree with you. There are plenty of main cast Pokémon who get shafted and it's just as annoying. I was only highlighting Eevee since most of the conversation here has pertained to the sheer number of Eevee on the main cast who were mishandled and the (understandable) concern that Chloe's will be no different.

Well, Eevee or not, one thing is clear: Koharu better get more of a role after she gets it.

The difference between Kohara, Serena and Lana is that Lana was an already established trainer, as such, there was little to no room to develop Sandy, especially since it came so late and Primarina also happened, who as a starter, took the majority of the focus. With Koharu and a lesser extent Serena, there is/was still room for development, for both the trainer and the Pokemon.

I honestly think the eevee is just to replace Cinderace. That is now always inside the pokéball. The mystery could be G-Max although I wish we got a return of the shiny hunter and that the eevee was shiny.
For me the only weird thing is that, a Pokémon that is clearly loved by the animators and seen as a 2nd mascot, lost the opportunity, again, to receive a new evolution.

I honestly think the eevee is just to replace Cinderace. That is now always inside the pokéball. The mystery could be G-Max although I wish we got a return of the shiny hunter and that the eevee was shiny.
For me the only weird thing is that, a Pokémon that is clearly loved by the animators and seen as a 2nd mascot, lost the opportunity, again, to receive a new evolution.
Eevee is clearly normal colored in the posters.

The mystery could be G-Max although I wish we got a return of the shiny hunter and that the eevee was shiny.
This is besides the point, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the Shiny Hunter returning for a second outing as I felt he was completely wasted in that Unova ruins episode. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom