• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN050: Galar Fossils! Stick 'Em Together!!

What a fun episode and I'll was about to expecting something bad is going to happen for ressurecting fossil pokemon back will cause havoc again. Now, both of them being caught by Ash and Goh respectively going to spend their life in the laboratory park. Exciting return episode.

Overall rating: A-

A good start to 2021 I say.

The opening was sick with a lot of things to look forward to:
-Chloe's Ponyta
-Grookey
-Gary
-Iris
-Suicune

It looks like they'll be focusing on the PWC more and it also looks like they'll be traveling with Leon and Sonia to investigate Dynamax sites more.
I wonder if 1 2 3 will be this series' Departure from HxH.

As for the episode, I liked it. It was good development for Chloe and I liked Dracovish's personality. Dracovish instantly grew onto me with his personality and voice. He's like if Gible and Ludicolo had a baby.

Oh wow, it’s a good job I didn’t put money on no Ash capture, this is amazing! Dracovish is so unlike any other Pokémon which has ever been on the main cast and knowing it will continue to make notable appearances is very exciting.

Boldore’s capture and use was cool too, it has always been a Pokémon I weirdly like a lot.

Nice too see Goh’s Pokémon again but I’m worried The giant Magikarp ate the normal one...

While I haven't seen much that I've actually liked about 2021 so far, it's first Pocket Monsters episode was one of the few. The episode had lots of Koharu in it and only succeeded in cementing the notion that they work so much better as a trio than Ash and Go did on their own, and I will be very happy if she continues to bring that much-needed balance to regulate their antics going into the future. Add that to the overall fun of the episode along with both Go's catches being adequately earned and you've got a winner. When Fujisaku writes to his strengths he can put out great episodes, which I was pleased to see on display here aside from the ROMAAAN guy who I will let slide because there were 20 minutes of other stuff between his two utterances of the dreaded verbal tic.

A - Overall a fun episode and if the rest of the 2021 episodes are like it I can finally look forward to Pocket Monsters again.

I'm just glad that this episode sort of confirms that Ash will not be restricted to just 6 Pokemon in the series.

I’ll need subs for the dialogue, but this was a great episode! There was a lot of Koharu focus, both of Goh’s captures were earned, the humor felt on point. Eevee continues to be adorable.

Dracovish being so goofy and excitable is more adorable than it has any right to be, so I’m looking forward to it showing up more often.

The lab shots at the end were a nice touch.

I hope Dracovish wont have the same fate as Gengar and Dragonite

....You might want to swap that out for Gengar, as Dragonite's actually gotten some decent use. Heck let's not forget who was in the eating contest instad of Riolu/Lucario or Pikachu

....You might want to swap that out for Gengar, as Dragonite's actually gotten some decent use. Heck let's not forget who was in the eating contest instad of Riolu/Lucario or Pikachu
Yeah but it isn't getting a lot of focus. Also Ash is not dumb, he knows better than to use a small rat and a skinny aura dog. Also Dragonite lost in te 1rst round.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom