• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lame duck is leaving, at last.
Release or given to a Cotd, which one though?
Ps. Even if it evolves, it'd get the boot.

Wait he better not evolve in this episode. This is literally his 2nd major appearance after his capture episode. It would feel so rushed and unearned. I really like his personality and battle style right now and want to see it developed a little further.

Though seeing how Scorbunny was handled, I’m afraid there’s a good chance it might happen. The title also alludes to it (like the trial is him mastering brutal swing and he evolves after, like Scorbunny and ember). Besides, he’s not exactly inexperienced with battling and all- god knows how long he’s been assaulting pokemon on that bridge for.

Phrasing it like that it really sounds like he was outright mugging trainers.

“Your pokeballs or your life! Kamon, ain’t got all day!”
POV you're getting robbed by a duck holding an oversized vegetable
1608171868255.png

Last edited:
POV you're getting mugged by a duck holding an oversized vegetable
View attachment 138251
It's funny because that's the exact opposite outcome that one would normally expect from an encounter with a duck carrying a leek (and indeed, the proverb that Farfetch'd is based on): imagine the humiliation of getting your butt kicked by something that in theory should have been your lunch for the day.

It's funny because that's the exact opposite outcome that one would normally expect from an encounter with a duck carrying a leek (and indeed, the proverb that Farfetch'd is based on): imagine the humiliation of getting your butt kicked by something that in theory should have been your lunch for the day.
Why do you think curry is so popular in Galar? It's clearly a defence mechanism to help trainers get out of these sorts of situations. Whipping out your curry pot subconsciously tells Farfetch'd that you could easily barbecue it and its whole bloodline if you wanted to. There's even a leek curry as well. It's a surefire way to assert dominance and make it flee in terror.

It'll think twice before approaching 10 year olds again.

It’s about time Galarian farfetc'd made a debut in the anime! I hope it isn’t a PotD... maybe even a Gou capture? Ash has no chance in hell to capture the thing.
Pokémon (2019) Anime episode 27 second half, Satoshi/Ash battled Galarian Farfetch'd and caught it, so looks like you didn't watched new Anime or you didn't checked bulbapedia or you just simple forgot it.

Pokémon (2019) Anime episode 27 second half, Satoshi/Ash battled Galarian Farfetch'd and caught it, so looks like you didn't watched new Anime or you didn't checked bulbapedia or you just simple forgot it.
He's Being Sarcastic

Farfetch'd Will Probably Evolve Even Though I Dont Want It To. (Jeez Journeys Talk About Rushed Evolution We Got Raboot Scorbunny Riolu and now Farfetch'd? Jesus.)

Lucario and Pikachu feel jealous.
Next episode Pikachu and Lucario throw a jealousy tantrum and then Ash sends rest of his Pokémon to a distant person called "Professor Willow" for their well being.
Gou coincidentally receives a package of Candy the next day as a thank you from Professor Willow.
Farfetch’d, Dragonite and Gengar are never seen again.

It only took a transition into a new year

Finally, I'll get to hear that sweet "C'mon!" again and potentially see an actual Fighting-type move. I know an evolution here would be rushed, but I vastly prefer Sirfetch'd's design over Galarian Farfetch'd, so there would be no complaints from me. Either way, this looks to be a promising episode.

P.S.

Give Gengar and Dragonite some development, would ya?

I’m assuming that Goh’s Farfetch’d will also be making an appearance within the trials, just to keep him in the loop. God, imagine if the episode focused around Goh’s Farfetch’d instead of Ash’s own...I would cry.

I’m assuming that Goh’s Farfetch’d will also be making an appearance within the trials, just to keep him in the loop. God, imagine if the episode focused around Goh’s Farfetch’d instead of Ash’s own...I would cry.
I Hope Not If It Is It Would Be A Troll. I Hope Goh Does Nothing Important This Episode And It Is A Full Ash-Focused Episode

Last edited:
Watch as this episode is entirely about Goh’s Farfetch’d and Lucario training Double Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom