• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Galarfetch'd evolves from battling freaking Geodude, I think I'll cry.

I pray to Arceus this is simply a move learning episode. Maybe he'll learn Brick Break or Leaf Blade.
Me Too. But This Episode Is Probably Abouut Farfetch'd Critting Geodude's And Evolving. So He Is Grinding. (Wow Even Ash Is Grinding Now...)

Geodude is a good opportunity to get Critical Hits on tho.
It helps that there are multiple of them
No doubt it makes sense from a game perspective, but not from a writing perspective. Talk about an anticlimax. Geodude are easy to beat! Even I could do that! (well maybe not, but still.)

Ash's whole MO is the notion that any Pokemon can succeed with enough training and strategy. There's always a way to win. There's always a way forward. That's the moral of the Lt. Surge episode, and in a way the entire series. You shouldn't force a Pokemon to evolve just for a cheap and quick power boost, you need to properly cultivate them and discover their true potential. Prematurely evolving Farfetch'd after a series of losses would forever cement it as a failure; a weak Pokemon that never had any potential, and knowingly or not, I just can't accept that Ash would do that.

So if this is an evolution episode:

Riolu evolution = Hammerlocke Stadium, against Chairman Rose in the DD arc, battling 2 of his pokemon.

Farfetch'd evolution = Random cave in Kanto against a group of wild Geodude.

Writers, what has this thing done to you? This has got to be one of the lamest evolutions so far.

So if this is an evolution episode:

Riolu evolution = Hammerlocke Stadium, against Chairman Rose in the DD arc, battling 2 of his pokemon.

Farfetch'd evolution = Random cave in Kanto against a group of wild Geodude.

Writers, what has this thing done to you? This has got to be one of the lamest evolutions so far.
Poor Farfetchd Im Deppresed Because Of This :cry: :cry: :cry:

There seems to be a recurring trend in this show is that almost Everytime an Unevolved Pokémon has gotten a focus Episode it usually has an Evolution sequence.

Especially as of lately

Ep 1 - Pichu evolves
Ep 3 - Bulbasaur and Ivysaur evolve
Ep 10 - Dragonair evolves
Ep 11 - Wurmple evolves
Ep 17 - Scorbunny evolves
Ep 22 - Silcoon evolve
Ep 23 - Cascoon evolve
Ep 31 - Feebas evolves
Ep 35 - (Go's) Pikachu evolves
Ep 37 - Exeggcute evolves
Ep 45 - Raboot and Riolu evolve
Ep 47 - Skwovet evolves.

It seems like there's a new Evolution every few episodes. With a few bigger gaps every now and then (such as Episodes 3-10 and Episodes 23-31).

If G-fetch'd Evolves in 51 then that'll be somewhat consistent with this trend

Also interestingly enough with the exceptions of Dragonair and Silcoon all of the Evolution Episodes have happened in Odd Numbered Episodes

This all makes me think, are all the evolutions in this series either in the first focus episode they get or just outright told to us through means like an opening?

Pichu to Pikachu in the first episode.

Dragonair to Dragonite in its Journeys debut

Scorbunny to Raboot in its first focus episode

Wurmple literally whenever it appears

Cascoon in its semi-focus episode you could call it

Feebas in its Journeys debut

Goh's Pikachu in its debut

Exeggcute in Exeggutor's first focus episode

Lucario and Cinderace in the Opening

Skwovet in its first focus episode

G. Farfetch'd in it's first Focus Episode(???)

Last edited:
Well, that's better than just training at the lab but not by much. Having two back-to-back episodes focusing on Ground-types from Kanto and 14+ episodes without a major PWC battle really says a lot about this series...

Well, that's better than just training at the lab but not by much. Having two back-to-back episodes focusing on Ground-types from Kanto and 14+ episodes without a major PWC battle really says a lot about this series...
And people used to complain about the random short PWC battles strewn about early in the series. If only we knew...

I just wish they stopped making this sheer amount of pointless fillers back to back. It literally feels like the PWC is just an ''extra'', and ''afterthought'' instead of being the main focus. But naaahhhh, let's make more eps for tired nostalgia points!!! Let's make more out of Kanto!! Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom