• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope this doesn’t somehow end up being the Wikstrom episode - two Farfetch’d focus eps seems too good to be true

Just hope this doesn’t somehow end up being the Wikstrom episode - two Farfetch’d focus eps seems too good to be true
Wikstrom episode looks like it's in Kalos while this is most likely in Kanto. Also why would the summary mention a random Gurdurr battle but not an E4 member?

I know there's skeptisim but I think it's gone too far here.

Phrasing the summary as “will it find a hint for powering up within this battle” implies it loses, then reflect upon the battle to notice its flaws.
Im going to be honest, I know G.Farfetch’d hasn’t had much focus, but there was one episode (can’t remember which) where Ash said G.Farfetch’d was going to spar against Dragonite after Pikachu v Riolu. So...Ash really hasn’t noticed this major flaw of losing its leek? Really? The guy can recognise that Clemont’s Helioisk takes a while to power up an attack, in the middle of an intense battle, and that happened within half a second, yet he can’t notice this?

Also, implementing this battle as a loss, not only would G.Farfetch’d have lost against Bea’s Hawlucha, and this random Gurdurr, but Wilkstorm’s Aegislash (I refuse to believe Ash can beat an E4 member before besting Bea), making it have one dire record.
I hope it shows G.Farfetch’d winning at least one battle, or a few, before cutting to the battle against Gurdurr. Here, they can show its strength, and perhaps give little signs of it losing its leek throughout the montage.
After writing all of this, they’ll probably just make it so that Gurdurr has better balance with a weapon, and that’s its problem...

Phrasing the summary as “will it find a hint for powering up within this battle” implies it loses, then reflect upon the battle to notice its flaws.
Im going to be honest, I know G.Farfetch’d hasn’t had much focus, but there was one episode (can’t remember which) where Ash said G.Farfetch’d was going to spar against Dragonite after Pikachu v Riolu. So...Ash really hasn’t noticed this major flaw of losing its leek? Really? The guy can recognise that Clemont’s Helioisk takes a while to power up an attack, in the middle of an intense battle, and that happened within half a second, yet he can’t notice this?
I just took that to mean he'd learn a new move, but I hope you're right and they go more in-depth and actually analyze Farfetch'd's fighting style.

While Leaf Blade makes sense fighting Geodudes, him learning Rock Smash (Geodude is literally a Rock Galarfetch'd is smashing) also makes sense.
Or any fighting move for that matter. If he only learns Leaf Blade between now and his battle with Wikstrom, he'll be going in with only Dark and Grass moves.

Or any fighting move for that matter. If he only learns Leaf Blade between now and his battle with Wikstrom, he'll be going in with only Dark and Grass moves.
I’m assuming it will get Meteor Assault once it evolves. It would be nice if it got a Fighting move before then, but I can wait personally.

To be fair fighting moves won’t be that helpful against an Aegislash anyway.

Yeah I reckon that he’ll just learn Meteor Assault after evolving. He doesn’t have that many viable options. Close combat would be cool though cause he doesn’t necessarily need his leek to use it.

Last edited:
My guess of his ''final'' moveset (since it CAN change):

- Night Slash (Brutal Swing will get kicked out cuz of the 4 moves limit)
- Meteor Assault (I mean it is Sirfetch'd signature move, it's gonna get it)
- Leaf Blade (it was show using it)
- The 4th is probably gonna be something like Brick Break. But I do wish it was either an extra coverage move, like Poison Jab (if he goes against Opal it's gonna be helpful), Steel Wing or Brave Bird, or even a set up move like Swords Dance. BUT if they do keep another fighting type move, maybe it could be either Superpower or Close Combat, since it could be a good way of him to fight without his leek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom