• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. His Only Non Cameo Wins Are Korrina And Visquez
Yeah, there's a couple CoTD's he defeated alongside Korrina and Visquez. I remember there was one with a Meganium and Lucario as a Riolu had one PWC one. There is the tournament he won also, but that's not PWC. As far as I know, his PWC record is 4-3-1. Series record is about 7-3-1?

Yeah, there's a couple CoTD's he defeated alongside Korrina and Visquez. I remember there was one with a Meganium and Lucario as a Riolu had one PWC one. There is the tournament he won also, but that's not PWC. As far as I know, his PWC record is 4-3-1. Series record is about 7-3-1?
The Battle Festival? That was PWC.

Riolu had four PWC battles. 2 against Bea and 2 against a Tentacruel and another mon i can't remember and he lost both.

My guess of his ''final'' moveset (since it CAN change):

- Night Slash (Brutal Swing will get kicked out cuz of the 4 moves limit)
- Meteor Assault (I mean it is Sirfetch'd signature move, it's gonna get it)
- Leaf Blade (it was show using it)
- The 4th is probably gonna be something like Brick Break. But I do wish it was either an extra coverage move, like Poison Jab (if he goes against Opal it's gonna be helpful), Steel Wing or Brave Bird, or even a set up move like Swords Dance. BUT if they do keep another fighting type move, maybe it could be either Superpower or Close Combat, since it could be a good way of him to fight without his leek.

I want him to get Brave Bird. I could see him using it like Kaioken or Ittou Shura, a brief power-up with consequences. Just imagine Meteor Assault + Brave Bird. That would be FIRE!

Ever since the loss against Bea, Ash hasn’t won a PWC battle has he? Well, we know he has, since Ash stated he got back into the Super Class off-screen, but on-screen? Quite a long time.
As I said before, I think G.Farfetch’d loses here to notice its weaknesses, otherwise it doesn’t make much sense to have a specific training session for itself, and not include the others.

I think it's good that Ash's getting another PWC loss. It makes the story more interesting and encourages him to actually improve his pokemon/strategies (especially in this case). This further shows that winning the PWC isn't going to be a cakewalk, reinforcing a lesson that's been hammered by Bea before.

I remember when he was just cruising through the PWC with mainly Pikachu and that got pretty repetitive after a while.

I think it would be rather frustrating seeing another PWC loss cause he hasn't won a PWC battle in a very long time. Seems I missed a PWC win and that was in JN033, which was 18 episodes ago. That's his last PWC win where he defeated Kricketina and her Heracross.

Last edited:
They just haven't focused on PWC altogether recently, which is the big issue. His last PWC battle was 10 episodes ago against Bea but it would've felt cheap if he won against her.

He's just lost a lot recently because he's been focusing on his weaker pokemon. Riolu and Farfetch'd have taken much of the focus with their arcs, and since they're both relatively weak pokemon, they're bound to lose. That being said, they really need to improve their win:loss ratio. But with evolutions taking place I think that'll get better anyways. Lucario's even managed to defeat Rose so far and I bet Sirfetch'd will also pull through after its evolution.

The Rose battle might not be a part of the PWC but it's still a very legitimate win, and his draw with Bea was also portrayed as an small triumph. Besides, it's hard to complain about Ash not having wins in a while when most battles in the last 10 episodes have been against legendaries and Gigantamax mons (the latter of which Ash also won).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom