• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review JN051: Kamonegi's Great Trials!

Reaction score
It isn’t very often we can say – that battle went on for too long.

good battle, it just took up too much for the episode – and yet I feel like it concluded in a good way, nicely setting things up for Farfetch’d.

I want a donut
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
WOW, A FARFETCH'D FOCUSED EP WITH ACTUAL GOOD DEVELOPMENT?????? GIMME GIMME

I did enjoy it. The battle was long and not short like the others, and it does seems like Farfecth'd is closer to evolve. I just wish for more eps were like this.

But we gotta talk about the elephant in the room: Did they just,,, brezeed through over 600 positions in the PWC with Ash??? He was in the 1000s in ep 36, and now he is in 381???? Im sorry, but WHAT?

I refuse to believe that they just made the whole thing be off-screen. And the fact that we don't know exactly how the points are calculated just makes it worse imo.

And also, about Rinto: he seems like a good guy and looks like he's being shaped up as a rival, hum. I just pray to whatever God is out there that he doesn't end up as a Allain/Tobias who was made up just for Ash to lose in the end. Please.

Reaction score
...Honestly the offscreen rank thing was caused by that stream of Goh-focus (outside of Bea episodes) we had in the 30's. Honestly if there were some smaller battles shown during those we wouldn't have this problem.

....or we didn't have those two for one episodes.

I want a donut
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
...Honestly the offscreen rank thing was caused by that stream of Goh-focus (outside of Bea episodes) we had in the 30's. Honestly if there were some smaller battles shown during those we wouldn't have this problem.

The writers are clearly showing that they don't know how to balance two protags out. Or one protag and one co-protag?

I might be wrong, but I preditc a LOT of people won't like that we got this huge jump and everything was off-screen.

Reaction score

Yea, not gonna lie, that’s a bit annoying. We can get a string of Go related episodes watching him catch Pokémon and pointless filler yet when it comes to Ash’s goal, the thing they remind us of in the opening sequence every episode m, they just skip through it offscreen. And this is the second time Cinderace a row they’ve done it. It’s ridiculous.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
The writers are clearly showing that they don't know how to balance two protags out. Or one protag and one co-protag?

I might be wrong, but I preditc a LOT of people won't like that we got this huge jump and everything was off-screen.
They have balanced Ash Dawn and May in DP and AG but now they can't balance them.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
The beginning: shows Ash's Pokémon training
Me: "Wait a minute. Where's Dracovish?"

Reaction score
It could be handled better but I think it's more a problem with the PWC itself, anything but the high ranked battles feel pointless and like a slog, watching battles against nobodies in the lower ranks just isn't interesting. All of the strong trainers will have quickly climbed up the ranks quickly anyway so what we are seeing isn't that alarming tbh. There's just so many trainers competing in the PWC it isn't worthwhile to show everything.

At least it looks like it's getting interesting in the future with some major characters becoming potential rivals in the higher classes.

Last edited:
Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
The length of the battle was definitely a surprise to me. I didn't expect it to take most of the episode. As we entered the last fourth, I knew the Gallade battle was going to be a sweep.

Reaction score
What was wrong with ash farfetch?
I still can’t believe he try to battle the other trainer even though it was weakened by the first battle it was easily lost on purpose

that gurder got new weapon isn’t thatdangerous to kill Pokémon

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Grookey
The Farfetch'd vs Gurdurr was long, didn't like how Ash just went to the 400's